May 16 Release Highlights

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
The v5.14 release will be live in production orgs on Wednesday May 16. For a preview, check out this video. Final Release Notes are available now. 

This release includes Dashboard Permissions for dashboards and dashboard folders at the user and user group level. Permissions are not enabled by default; our Support team will reach out to you in the weeks following the release to confirm enablement and access to the new feature.

It also includes some popular requests for rules engine enhancements, including adv. filters in the list view, reordering and cloning actions. We're also introducing a Surveys 2.0 Beta with a new question library, display and skip logic, and custom survey domains and sites. Admins can enable the new tab in Setup > Apps.

25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I had to replace the video link above with a new one, so apologies if you clicked it in the email and it didn't load!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
CLONING TASKS FTW!!
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Yes!!! And the ability to move actions around within the rule and not have to start all over!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Lila, does this notification get sent via email to customers as well (outside of the Community)?

I don't think I've seen an email notice come through, other than the Community posts.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Jeff,  With our move to monthly releases, we've reduced the number of emails we send out. So, we sent one about 2 weeks ago about the Sandbox upgrade, and we'll send another on the day of the production upgrade. In between, we are sharing release info via in-app messaging on the Admin tab. 
Badge +3
Yay Dashboard Permission Groups are back!! 🙂
The timeline is no longer appearing for our team! Is there a fix underway? We save all of our meeting notes in draft so our agendas are MIA for calls today.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Hi Heather, A support ticket has already been open for your instance. The team is working through this for you.
Hi Lane! I heard about the ticket after I posted this. We were running all of the methods on outreach when dealing with a missing timeline, as I'm sure you can imagine.

I didn't see it noted on the status page but hoping that is because it's madly en route to a fix. Would that be where we'd see something like this in the future? It's nice to have the visibility on what is already underway for those of us that don't have access to our instance's ticketing system.
Badge +1
Lane, we are also seeing the same issue. Is this something that it is being worked for all customers or do we need to also open a ticket?

Nevermind. It is actually working now. We had to do a couple of refreshes. Not sure if this is because you guys fixed it or because we had a different problem.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Hi Marcelo, The team is working on this at the moment. There will be a Status Page update shortly.

Heather, I understand! The Status page is the best route. We do wait until there is a certain number of accounts impacted to make sure we don't create a false sense of panic. 🙂
Badge +3
Seeing the same in our instance. I suppose the silver lining for us was that CSMs noticed right away– so, we know they're using it and finding value there :)

Uh... same as Marcelo. Timeline is back up and running for us. Nothing to see here :) 
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
The Status page is still showing this issue as under investigation, but thanks for the updates everyone!
Regarding the release on May 16th, can you find out additional information for me on the following notes:

"This release includes Dashboard Permissions for dashboards and dashboard folders at the user and user group level. Permissions are not enabled by default; our Support team will reach out to you in the weeks following the release to confirm enablement and access to the new feature."

The way I'm reading this, it appears we have to do some work once the release is installed but please confirm that is accurate.  We have 70 users that could potentially be impacted by this so I'd like to get out in front of this as soon as I can.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Im with you here Scott.

We are going live with Gainsight in production first week of June - I'd like to get this figured out sooner rather than later too!
Badge
Hi Scott & Jeff,

Great question!  The way Gainsight is rolling this out is in waves.  We did an audit of all customers, and their respective dashboards.  We found that the vast majority of customers are ready for permissions to be enabled.  We will have the customers that are ready completely enabled by May 21.

For the remaining customers, Support will be reaching out to them to assist in getting them ready to be enabled.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
How do we know which list we are on?
Badge
Auto-population of rule date - I just squealed with joy!  🙂
Badge +1
Lila, do you guys still have a demos system where we can play around with some of the new functionality?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Marcelo, We do, but we had some access issues the other day, so let me see if those are resolved and I'll follow up!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Me too!
Badge
Jeff, 

There are actually 3 lists for customers: 

1. Customers who are on latest version and met all the requirements

--> We will send out an outreach to all Admins once all opted-in customers are      enabled

2.  Customers who are on latest version and did not meet the requirements

--> Support will be manually reaching out to these customers to help get them get configured for the enablement.  These customers will also receive the outreach once all opted-in customers are enabled

3.  Opted Out of Auto-Upgrade customers (meaning they request manual upgrades to the latest version)

--> As these customers reach out to Support to request the upgrade, we will get the permissions enabled for them (and work through any config issues, if needed, to get the permissions enabled).  These customers WILL NOT receive the outreach.

Let me know of any further questions!
Badge +1
Sai yesterday posted that the credentials were fixed but it seems like it is still broken. Any ETA on this? Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey Marcelo, Unfortunately, we're still having problems with the org, but we'll reach out over email when things are stable.
Badge
As an update, we have successfully enabled the production tenants that met the requirements.  We are now starting the process of reaching out to the customers that did not meet the requirements of migration.