July's Release is Big - Reallly Big!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Our next release has so many great new features and enhancements, it's like Christmas is coming in July! 

V6.4 of Gainsight's Customer Success application is being pushed to Sandbox environments July 2, and will be live in your production orgs on July 16*. For a preview of what's coming, check out our draft release notes

Here's a sneak peek at what's included:

• Adoption Explorer is generally available with this release! AE is included in the standard CS license, and helps manage your customer’s usage data in the Gainsight environment.
  • People Map is also generally available as an add-on to the CS license. People Maps presents your contacts in an organizational chart to understand the roles and relationships of the people you do business with.**
  • Renewal Center is all new and generally available as an add-on to the CS license. RC helps users forecast and manage their book of business by enriching Salesforce opportunity data with likelihood to renew info, and more!**
  • JO: at long last, folders are available in Programs and Email templates; you can edit various aspects of a published Program including sources; and you can view where Email templates are used!
  • Success Plans can be included in Success Snapshot 2.0 presentations! We've also included three new system reports for SP's in the Report Builder.
  • Surveys: you can edit and delete submitted responses, as well as import transactional surveys from SurveyMonkey.

There's even more coming, but I haven't finished untying all these ribbons and bows! Stay tuned for more details, or check out those draft release notes

*For all orgs that opt in to automatic upgrades. 

** For pricing information, please contact your Gainsight account manager.

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Post publish editability of JO programs?

People maps & Renewal Center?

Reporting on Timeline external attendees (and using in rules or JO programs)?

Calculating true NPS on the fly in reports and dashboards?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Where is all the JO fan fare?!?! Has there ever been a release as good as this one? I haven't been a Gainsight user long enough to be qualified to answer but I'll just go ahead and say NO, there has not. I am SO STOKED to get started with testing these changes!

Folders are available in Programs and Email templates

Published Program participant sources are now editable

Email templates now display dependencies

Badge
This is like Christmas in July!

Thanks the GS Gang for listening so well!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Is it possible to delineate in the draft document which features apply to SF edition vs NXT? For example, in the C360 section it's making reference to using Company fields which to date is not possible in SF edition (unless this is new to SF edition in which case YAY!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Also @lila_meyer are there any plans to have a webinar on the Adoption Explorer? It seems pretty complex at first glance.

I don't see Adoption Explorer in my Sandbox org which got the 6.4 update...

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Everything that's in the draft release notes should theoretically be for the SFDC edition, but it sounds like we may have missed removing an item. I'm having trouble locating the specific item you're referring to, but if you give me a bit more info, I will double check the availability!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your interest in Adoption Explorer! I'm confirming with the product team on the availability of this new feature in Sandboxes. I know we're developing a ~10 min. video intro to AE, but I suspect the product manager would be more than happy to also offer a live webinar. We'll coordinate and get back to you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks Lila!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Jeff,

I confirmed that AE won't actually be enabled in your orgs until the customer release. Still working on the webinar planning...

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
The release is live in production orgs that take automatic upgrades! You can see a preview of the release highlights in this 8-min. video as well as read more details in our final Release Notes.

We'll also have short video intros available for Renewal Center and Adoption Explorer shortly, as well as we're planning a webinar for Adoption Explorer. More info coming soon!

Badge +1
Should everyone have a system folder under reports now? or is this only new installs?

Badge +1
Hi - should everyone have a system folder under reports now? Or is this for new installs going forward? I am not seeing the new folder.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Shannon, I believe everyone should have the system folder if your org was upgraded to 6.4. Can you confirm your version and reach out to support if you don't see it?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8
Good afternoon Lila,

We have accepted the release in our sandbox environment and noticed the Mass Edit reports did not convert to Unified Mass Edit Reports as described in the draft release notes. Did this get removed from the release, or was it only included in Production?

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Angela,

Can you check the version number installed in your Sandbox and send your question to our support team to investigate? Thanks!

Badge
Hi @lila_meyer July's release was AMAZING. We expecially love the folders in email templates and programs. The organization was definitely a need for us! However, I was wondering why Outreaches weren't given Folders as well?... Is there a specific reason Outreach folders were left out?....

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I only see two System Reports in my QA environment (which is updated to 6.4.1).

The SP in SS: Objectives List report appears to, by default, report on ALL CTAs:

Same with the SP in SS: Task Details report - which won't load because the remote response size exceeds 15 MB:

I thought these were supposed to be out-of-the-box Success Plan reports? What's the point in that if they aren't pre-filtered to SP data?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Faust, outreaches (CoPIlot) are being deprecated and our development focus, along with new features, is going to be on Journey Orchestrator.

We strongly encourage you to switch over to using Programs for all your automated email programs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I originally posted a comment here that I only saw two of the three reports in the System folder (SP in SS: Timeline was missing). It turns out, I had checked the Summary, Objectives and Tasks boxes in the "Add Success Plan" dropdown under Success Snapshot but not the Timeline. Once I checked that box, the report was created.

The docs are not clear that that is a required step before the reports show in System folder. Can the Release Notes and the Reporting on Success Plan docs be updated to include more detail there, including a screenshot?

Also - these reports have no filter. It's showing ALL CTAs and Tasks. Curious what is the point of an out-of-the-box report for Success Plans if it's not pre-filtered for Objective type? Because then they are just CTA/Task reports....

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks for the feedback, Jeff!

@sai_kumar_rachamalla Can you please review Jeff's comments and update the docs?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Lila! Just following up to see if there is any news on the webinar?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
We will have one in August, but they're still working out the date!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Ok thanks for checking! Eager to enable it and get familiar, but waiting on the webinar first.

Badge +1
All the relevant docs are updated accordingly. Please find the doc links below:

6.4 Release Notes

Reporting on Success Plans

Config Success Snapshots 2.0

Report Repository

Thanks for the valuable feedback!