Important - Survey1.0 issue with latest Salesforce update (Response URL not opening)

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Issue : After 'Salesforce Summer ’18 Release' release with new manage package Survey was breaking.. It may break in all existing org after 19/July/2018 if you do not do below settings.

Enable the Allow topics in Salesforce Sites and Portals option from the Salesforce Setup > Chatter > Chatter Settings location for the guest and authenticated external users in Salesforce Sites and Portals to have access to topics. 

Note: If your org was upgraded to the Summer 18 release, you may face this issue (such as broken Survey Links etc.). The Allow topics in Salesforce Sites and Portals option will be available for you to select on/after July 19th at the time of Salesforce production org upgradation.

Impacted areas:

- Survey 1.0 (Breaking in the area where response is captured.)

- CoPilot > Outreaches > Survey

Error Message:

Error occured :Failed to create participant, Reason- (Database.Error[getFields=();getMessage=JBCXM.NotifyInsertIntoPublishContentForSurvey: execution of AfterInsert caused by: line 4080, column 3: Dependent class is invalid and needs recompilation: Class JBCXM.SurveyDAL : Dependent class is invalid and needs recompilation: Class JBCXM.AutomatedAlertHandler : Invalid type: Topic;getStatusCode=CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY;]). 

We can not avoid this since it is enforced by Salesforce, read here to know more on this.

18 replies

Badge
Thank you for the heads up!
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Thanks for posting this here, Sai!
Badge
Thanks for the heads up.  What if we don’t see an option for Allow topics in Salesforce Sites and Portals?
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Providing permissions are not the issue here, It will show once the org is upgraded.
Our Org is upgraded to Summer 18 and still don't see the option under Chatter Setting. Sent a ticket to SF support. Just wondering if any one has the same issue?
Badge
We are seeing the same thing here and also contacted SF support. Waiting to hear back.
Badge +1
I was about to post the same as my SFDC Team is telling me that they don't see that option yet. I'll ask them to check with Salesforce.
Badge
My customer is also not seeing the option
Salesforce response:

"Due to a recent bug fix, this critical update will not be available for one week (July 19-July 26). After one week, the critical update will be available again with an extended enforcement date of August 26. If you receive calls on this delay please inform your customer of the above and the update will be available again after July 26 2018."
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
@Asif,Thanks for the update. 

I've googled the same, but I din't find any information on this. I've written an email to Salesforce support and also posted on Salesforce community, once I get an update from Salesforce will share it here. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Now that the 'new' availability date of 26 July has passed, has anyone seen this setting appear within their Salesforce environment?
Badge +1
It has showed up in our environment. We tested in Dev and Surveys seem to work just fine. Our SFDC team will be rolling the change into prod later this week.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Thanks (and congratulations?), Marcelo.

I'm still not seeing it, but I'm on the hunt.
Same here @Matthew, kind of confused.

The click through for more info says this isn't being enforced til next month now?

https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/summer18/release-notes/rn_networks_chatter_topics_CRU...
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
@All, Sorry for the delay here, as per Salesforce the critical update is enforced on August 26, 2018. 

Please follow this link
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Have you seen this setting appear? There are conflicting experiences among many of us that the setting hasn't actually appeared so that we can configure it. I went so far as to open a Support ticket, and seemed to get the response that Salesforce was delayed again in deploying this setting to be configured.
Badge
I was looking for this as well and wanted to let everyone know that you can turn this on ahead of time in the Critical Updates section of Salesforce. Once I activated that I saw the setting under Chatter that is noted. Make sure to activate the "Secure Topics for Salesforce Sites and Portals" critical update.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Thanks, Ben! We also found the update under Critical Updates. Appreciate the helping hand finding this one.