Good News, Including Admin Certification & Email to Timeline!

• 4 February 2019
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 6
Gainsight has lots of good news to share with the Community! 

Admin Certification

Are you managing your Gainsight instance, creating rules, automating functionality, building reports and responsible for the overall maintenance of your Gainsight implementation? It’s time to validate your skill set by becoming a Certified Gainsight Administrator! Click here to learn more.

Send Emails to Timeline

Our Email to Timeline feature is coming out of Beta and will be available to all customers with the Feb. 19 V5.23 release! 

Gainsight enables users to log customer communications as Timeline Activities using a unique inbound email address. Previously, CSMs had to copy and paste customer email content from their inbox to a Timeline activity. Now, using the unique inbound email address, CSMs can automatically log their customer emails to Timeline for accounts and relationships. This feature helps you record your history of significant interactions, so CSMs, Execs, and Sale reps, for example, can quickly get up to speed and understand the customer relationship by reviewing Timeline. More info coming soon!

This feature will be available in Sandbox and Production orgs on Feb. 19.

Success Snapshots Reimagined

Our new Success Snapshots 2.0 feature enables users to create slides with their own Powerpoint template and easily add in key Gainsight reports, making it easier than ever to prepare for customer meetings. This feature is going to be rolled out to customers gradually, so stay tuned for more info!

Release 5.23 Coming Soon

The Sandbox release of V5.23 is going out starting Feb. 5 to customers with Sandboxes who opt in to automatic upgrades. The Production release will go out on Feb. 19!

Draft release notes are available now.

13 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
Thanks for posting this!

Not sure what your selection criteria will be when it comes to which customers will get Success Snapshots (reimagined) rolled out sooner rather than later, but I'd love for our group to be included in the earlier group. We have a pretty urgent use case for this feature improvement.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Gainsight Certified Administrator Program?!!

A proctored, closed book exam to demonstrate competency in Gainsight to your employer and professional network?!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Didn't this already exist? I took an exam back in 2016 and got an oddly colored certificate:

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hey Jeff,

I wasn't aware of that old program, but I believe it was different than the new certification program being offered now.

The new certification is an actual closed book, proctored exam similar to a Microsoft or Cisco certification test.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Yeah the old one was also closed book - but was proctored via video. I sent an email to the training team. Hoping I don't have to take it again.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Is there a plan to revamp the course videos?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Courses are being updated as we speak, and will be on-going.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Jeff, as far as taking it again, I think it's a matter of choice. The training team is updating the course content, and I believe they're working to include regular updates based on new functionality, so that Admins can keep their certification and knowledge up-to-date.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Jen,

My current understanding is that the rollout will be over the course of a few weeks, so no matter what, you won't have to wait long! The team is prioritizing current heavy users of Success Snapshots.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Does the certification expire at some point?

Would be nice to get some more detail around the program.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I will pass your feedback along to training, and encourage them to share some FAQs! We're excited to roll out the new certification program, and some details are still being ironed out. ;)

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for asking about the Admin Certification!

You are correct that we did offer an earlier Gainsight Certification that was a closed book, proctored exam. Our new certification is similar in that it will also be a closed book, proctored and timed exam. However, as Gainsight features have changed considerably over the last few years, the content in our exam has as well.

Traditionally, Certifications have an expiration period around 2 years. Since we didn’t identify an expiration on the original exam, we’d like to invite all Gainsight Admins who completed the original exam to take this one at no cost.

I will reach out to you and all admins who completed the prior exam by end of week with a discount code for the new certification.

Additionally, I am developing an FAQ document that will be published by end of day today on Gainsight Community that may answer any other questions you might have.

As always, thank you for your continued partnership with Gainsight!

-Evan

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
More info on the Admin Certification is available in these new FAQs.