Gainsight's October/November Releases are LIVE!

• 29 October 2021
  • 8 replies
Gainsight's October/November Releases are LIVE!
Userlevel 6
Badge +1

The v6.29 release is live in EU NXT customers -  Oct 30 and US NXT customers - Nov 6. Check out the release notes here.

For SFDC customers, the release is live in your production and sandbox orgs as of Nov 6. Check out the release notes here.

This month we’re excited to release a few heavily requested features and enhancements that help make being a CSM easier. Below are the key highlights from this release.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introducing Timeline Note Templates

While creating Timeline activities, CSMs can select note templates that make it easier and faster to log Timeline activities. Admins can create note templates for different activity types from the Administration > Timeline page. Learn more

hjOZg2ktK3GiG-rQ2f6sZJmRil-9Hzk3w8gg32ukIjlC6KS4PvAcy_ynYukPYnjsEOABCQq9IWg5omxl9NB0fwHq076piuHYV4Gpt8f8ZL_vco_MY_UNHVGknkoKH_2dJSP__e0m

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow/Unfollow Multiple Companies in Slack at Once

You can select multiple companies to follow/unfollow them at once using a query. The query returns a list of accessible companies as a direct message. Users can then select which companies they want to follow or unfollow. Learn more

kl5Yx89qqVYG_WLbajvBVB8M8Si5pIaXtyc2AQPZnBDtz2u_iw9tVPdb3OR12m8s6cZvqoM5LuV8ZIN_5N_BdzvkmdqmI_UBHrO8V3zTLFtDNhwPA3x2yvgVGcRs4unMi8rBxCHt

New Company Intelligence Signals Expansion

Company Intelligence signals will now notify you when your customers and competitors expand their business or launch new products. Learn more

mmB-79FMfQ92hcM07Koo9JQk88AK5XvJ4R1xEPauq811cWRP8RtichW37pzdmp1JV-a2LCsSzaf9Co8h28fv3GM5s519ki-8JskbCVAr300detEbEH0S8BS4xGcOuxawhXJpD782

Sync Google BigQuery Views to Gainsight

Admins can sync Google BigQuery views with Gainsight and leverage them as source objects to create data jobs. To sync newly created views from BigQuery to Gainsight, admins must re-authorize the BigQuery connection from the Connections page. Learn more

fRdiTZgPOByNOy0EjKSGq-ED-CsRM_rVtucXfiANvygFRqJ_Kvhxrh9wogT5SzhJR5VcVs8ewMLbGbXHUAvYV_XQb2rQ7LLpjYRFSakQdBWIYt10xJ7xuiiaBS1ksFudbbp5k4Xv

TRAINING & CERTIFICATION NEWS

In Case You Missed It: Highlights from the Last Release

• Simplified Dashboard configuration in Adoption Explorer with Horizon Experience

• Separate filters for Mass Edit Reports in Scorecards to improve performance

• Setup operations in User Management for all users at once

You can also check out our CS (NXT) Patch Release Notes: Version 6.28.X series.

OCTOBER  RELEASE FOR PX CUSTOMERS

(Coming soon) 

To learn more about the PX November release, check out the release notes (when published closer to the release).

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Woo! Looking forward to this release. Any ETA on when this link will have information on configuring Timeline Note templates? Don’t see it as of this post.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

follow up - is this something admins can configure and then toggle on? I’m concerned if the ‘apply template’ button appears but nothing is configured yet.:grimacing:

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @bradley, the releases are live from 30th October. This update was posted on 29th October hence you were not able to check the releases out. However do check them out now! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello @bradley, the releases are live from 30th October. This update was posted on 29th October hence you were not able to check the releases out. However do check them out now! 

Yea, I know the changes aren’t live in the orgs until October 30th at the earliest, but I would expect supporting documentation linked in the release notes to have the information relevant to the upcoming release ready to go.

The URL I’m pointing to in the screenshot I thought would go to the admin config page here, but instead it went to the user guide that (at the time of posting) didn’t have any related information.

It is still unclear from reading both pages if the ‘apply template’ button for end users will show up if nothing has been configured yet - The release notes don’t specify if, like Associated Timeline Records, this feature is toggled on by the admin, or if it is live with the update. All it states is that admins configure it - just trying to get some clarity on this before the feature goes live so we can set expectations, thanks!

@bradley The “Apply template” button for end users will show up in a disabled (greyed out) mode. It will get enabled once the Admins have created and activated a Template for that Activity Type.

This time, there is no specific button to get this enabled/disabled for the whole org.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@bradley The “Apply template” button for end users will show up in a disabled (greyed out) mode. It will get enabled once the Admins have created and activated a Template for that Activity Type.

This time, there is no specific button to get this enabled/disabled for the whole org.

Thanks for the clarification!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello @bradley, the releases are live from 30th October. This update was posted on 29th October hence you were not able to check the releases out. However do check them out now! 

Yea, I know the changes aren’t live in the orgs until October 30th at the earliest, but I would expect supporting documentation linked in the release notes to have the information relevant to the upcoming release ready to go.

Agree with the above statement. It’s an odd user experience to have a post highlighting the release notes, directions to check out the release notes with a link to the release notes only to end up on a blank page (which actually states the release notes won’t be ready until the 9th!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Agree with the above statement. It’s an odd user experience to have a post highlighting the release notes, directions to check out the release notes with a link to the release notes only to end up on a blank page (which actually states the release notes won’t be ready until the 9th!)

Good point - I was looking at the NXT version myself. SFDC version release notes aren’t even live, and apparently aren’t planned until 3 days after the release?