Gainsight's April Releases are LIVE!

• 20 April 2021
  • 5 replies
Gainsight's April Releases are LIVE!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

The v6.23 release is live in NXT orgs in the US as of April 10, and for EU customers on April 17.  Check out the release notes here

For SFDC customers, the release will be live in your production and sandbox orgs as of April 20. Check out the release notes here (will be published on April 20). 

Some highlights from this release include:

• Gainsight Introduces Two New License Types: Two new license types (Internal Collaborator and External) are added in Gainsight for managing users better and to provide more clarity on the user roles based on the assigned license in Gainsight. For more information about the new Gainsight license types, refer to the  User License Management article (NXT and SFDC)

• Sightline Vault has new solutions covering Reference Management, Risk Escalation, Success Plans, and Management Dashboards.

• Automated Scorecard Activities to be Deleted if Older Than 8 Weeks: Given the minimal usage of automated scorecard activity history, Gainsight will be deleting automated scorecard activities that do not have any comments and are older than eight weeks.
    Note: All manually created activities and automated activities with manual comments are retained.

SPECIAL NOTE FOR NXT CUSTOMERS

COCKPIT ON HORIZON EXPERIENCE GOES LIVE ON APRIL 21

APRIL RELEASE FOR PX CUSTOMERS

The PX release is also live as of April 21, and includes enhancements such as:

• The Knowledge Center Bot has new UX enhancements to make it easier to customize the experience for your users.

• We’ve added text based targeting to the Product and Guide Mapper to help you better control UI element targeting.

• We’ve also added Engagement Support for Mobile and On Prep Applications  which extends the options you have to engage with your audience. 

• There are a ton more enhancements to the Query Builder and other areas as well!

To learn more about the PX April release, check out the release notes (when they are published on April 21).

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@dan_ahrens Tableau integration could be useful - the article on it https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Reports_and_Dashboards/Admin_Guides/Gainsight_Integration_with_Tableau says “IMPORTANT: The Gainsight integration with Tableau does not support exporting objects with a large amount of data.”

Could that be amended to not be completely undefined? What is considered large? What measurement is used?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@dan_ahrens Tableau integration could be useful - the article on it https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Reports_and_Dashboards/Admin_Guides/Gainsight_Integration_with_Tableau says “IMPORTANT: The Gainsight integration with Tableau does not support exporting objects with a large amount of data.”

Could that be amended to not be completely undefined? What is considered large? What measurement is used?

Thanks for this feedback @bradley . I’ve shared this with our documentation team to see if we can be more precise with any size limitations. 

Hello All,

As per the inputs from Rahul, there is no limit on records or size. Data process time is the only limit. Hence, I have updated the doc accordingly.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello All,

As per the inputs from Rahul, there is no limit on records or size. Data process time is the only limit. Hence, I have updated the doc accordingly.

Thank you!

Good to know. Sorry to be a pest, but what is the timeout period? Is there a way to know before you try and export if you would encounter a problem? I don’t know the impact the number of records or size has on processing time (e.g. 1 second per 10k records) so at least to me this sounds like an undefined limit I have no way to find until I hit it, and won’t know how far over the limit I was.

Adding @rahul_prayakarao for more information on this. 
Thank you!