News

CS v6.8 Release is Live in Sandboxes

CS v6.8 Release is Live in Sandboxes
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Gainsight CS version 6.8 is being released to Sandbox orgs that take automatic upgrades*. Draft release notes are available now, and final published release notes will be available on Nov. 12, the day of the Production release.

NXT orgs have already been upgraded to 6.8, and draft release notes are here.

Release highlights include:

• Data Designer (beta): Easily discover richer, more meaningful insights from your customer data. Data Designer provides a simple, easy-to-use solution to merge and transform your data, then make it accessible across the Gainsight platform for further analysis and exploration.

• Click here to register for the webinar on Nov. 19 at 9am Pacific: Intro to Gainsight Data Designer – Our Powerful New Data Exploration Tool

• Rules Engine: A new Action type called Call External API now allows you to interact with external applications, to automate activities like posting messages to Slack, creating Zendesk or Jira tickets, and so on.

• Sandbox Management: You can now refresh your Gainsight Sandbox orgs directly from the new admin page called Sandbox Management.

• Tableau integration for SFDC edition

• Scorecard and Timeline activity integration (expected to release to Sandboxes ~ 10/31)

• Gainsight now allows you to overlay influence relationships between customer contacts modeled in People Maps to better understand who the influencers are, and navigate through the decision making process.

*Sandbox upgrades may take 1 - 2 days to complete. If you’d like to request an upgrade, please contact your CSM.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @lila_meyer - are these notes strictly for SFDC edition?  Asking, because under the C360 section it references “Company Merge Log” and to my knowledge, SFDC edition doesn’t have this feature.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @darkknight I’m about 99% sure that was included by mistake. Apologies for the confusion!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

No worries - just making sure I wasn’t crazy LOL  Thanks @lila_meyer 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Just wanted to provide an update on Scorecards in Timeline. The deployment of this enhancement is expected to be completed by November 5, 2019, in Sandbox orgs.

Hi @lila_meyer ,

We currently do not see Sandbox Management in our Org as an option. It’s suppose to be there, correct? The only other possible option I think would be the Migration option, if it is labeled differently. Attaching a screenshot of what our Operations options look like in Admin.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @rdonovan I’m looking into this, but there are two possibilities that come to mind. 1) I suspect the Sandbox option may only appear if you’ve purchased the Sandbox option from Gainsight. Do you know for sure if you have? 2) The enhancement may not have been released to Sandboxes yet. This last possibility is very meta, right? I’ll let you know as soon as I do!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@rdonovan Update from product is that the new Sandbox Management page will only be visible in Production orgs.

Badge +1

@lila_meyer Hi Lila - do you have an update on the scorecards in timeline? I checked this afternoon and it wasn’t in there yet. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @acote  I’m checking for an update from our product team. I can share a bit more about what to expect re: this enhancement:

Replacing Scorecard Measure Comments with Timeline-like Activity Feed: Currently, in Scorecard comments, only the latest entry against the Scorecard measure is retained. Especially for manually editable scores, the comment history contains a lot of important context on the measure history that is lost if we do not maintain the history. Also, the current comments box does not support any rich text formatting. To solve these issues, Gainsight is replacing the comments box with a timeline-like activity feed. 

The following are the benefits of upgrading to this feature:

• Retains a history of activities against a measure.
  • Allows use of rich text formatting.

• Users can @mention colleagues in comments.

• Users can start comment threads.

• Displays manual updates in the company/relationship Timeline.

• Provides clear visuals in reporting.

Release Plan

We would like to upgrade all our customers to this enhanced version, and request you to manually enable this for your organization. We are providing admins with a 90 day window to enable this feature. If you do not enable it within 90 days, (mid-Feb. 2020) it will be enabled automatically.

Enabling this feature is a one time action, and you cannot revert back because all of the existing data is migrated. 

Badge +1

Great, thanks!