We had a great roadmap session last week where we covered a wide range of topics across the CS platform. There will be additional sessions at Pulse and later this year if you weren’t able to attend this one.
We’ll also host deep-dive sessions for the specific product areas that you all expressed interest in, so be on the lookout for those opportunities in Community soon. The two areas of most interest were the new 360 and updates to rules and data designer so we’ll schedule those sessions first.
There was a significant interest in getting involved in our beta programs. Here is a recent community post on how to get more involved and more information on beta programs. Also, be sure to connect with your CSM and let them know what you’re excited to participate in.
This post is largely in response to questions we didn’t have time to cover during the webinar and we’ll share additional materials as we get close to releasing each feature.
- Journey Orchestrator is coming to Timeline where the full email from JO will be available in timeline.
- Users will also be able to assign an activity type when logging an email as an activity.
- Super Admins can already delete timeline entries.
- Using Timeline API activities can be added/imported from external systems.
- Timeline API will also allow teams to update Timeline programmatically.
- Product Requests will allow teams to capture product ideas tied to each customer and require another tool that PMs use to close the loop.
- This will be a NXT only feature.
- The new rules will no longer have this 15 task step limit. We will continue to have other limits around processing time spent in tasks.
- In Rules Engine, admins will have the ability to cascade fields down to the final dataset when added up top. This enhancement will will align with Data Designer functionality.
- Admins will be able to preview datasets further down the funnel in the new Rules Engine which will reduce the need for test runs.
- Customer Goals will complement Success Plans where teams have overarching goals that need to be tracked and associated across multiple Success Plans and Cockpit CTAs. These kind of goals can be tracked in the Customer Goals section.
- Users can continue track objectives/goals local to the plan from Success Plan along with the progress of each goal.
- Sales teams will capture goals in during the sales process and CSMs will inherit those goals and add to them throughout the customer journey.
- This will be a NXT only feature.
- The Gmail/ Outlook Assist add-in experience will expand to allow users the have the full experience of timeline within the email clients.
- The plug-in will display fields based on activity type selected when logging an email.
- The complete Timeline experience will be available in plugins - all the existing functionality of Timeline composer will be supported. So CTAs can be associated to the activity.
- Major improvements coming to simplify 360 setup and ongoing maintenance in addition to UI updates that will further empower CSMs and make their daily workflows more efficient.
- End users will be able to personalize the order of sections and pin frequently used sections.
- The new 360 experience will be a NXT only enhancement.
- Rules will also be able to apply multiple playbooks to CTA.
- Newly added tasks will also be added to existing CTAs.
- The enhancements to the CTA experience will be NXT only.
- Renewal Forecast in GS Home will require Renewal Center.
- We’ll build a recycle Recycle Bin prior to reviewing functionality to allow admins to delete Person records via rules.
- User Management: We’re exploring permission bundle simplification capabilities for more control around the permission for Viewer license types.
Thank you again for attending the session and watch for updates related to the deep-dive sessions!