Question

Configure CTA reason Feedback

• 13 February 2017
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
So, I'm trying to test out configuring different CTA Reasons based on CTA Type, and I'm having a few problems:

1. It seems like I have to re-enter all the reasons in each separate CTA Type that I want it included in. This wouldn't be a big deal if it were one or two, but with 10+, it's very time consuming. I was thinking that if the layout was a little different, and you had a column that showed the Type each reason was assigned to that could be edited, that might make it easier to configure.

2. It appears that in order to limit the list of reasons that show up on a CTA, I have to remove all the ones that I don't want to appear from All, but when I try to delete them, I get a message saying "This CTA Reason is used in CTA__c". Example: I only want certain reasons to be seen on Risk CTAs, so I want to remove them from the All, and add them to the Risk section. (This is based on assuming that these reasons work the same way as All/Risk/Event in playbooks.) How can I remove reasons from All? I also noticed if I don't delete it from All, it won't let me add it into the individual CTA sections. I get a message that it's already in use.

I haven't tried to make changes to Statuses or Priorities, but I assume I'll run into the same challenges there.

7 replies

Hi Heather,

The reason we moved all exiting CTA reasons to 'All' and restricted moving CTA reason from 'All' to a specific CTA type is because of backward compatibility as till now any reason could be mapped to any CTA type. Enabling this capability might have resulted in data corruption. 

For the same reason we don't allow deletion of a CTA reason if it is used anywhere but we are giving the capability to disable a reason. Once disabled, the reason will not be visible in Cockpit, rules engine UI. To disable a reason, de-select the 'Active' checkbox next to it and click save.

Having said this, I understand your point and we will definitely work on making the process of moving reasons(and other attributes) easy and less time consuming.

To move reasons from 'All' to a specific CTA type, as a workaround, you can rename the existing reasons (say rename 'Support Risk' to 'Old Support Risk) and create the reason under right CTA type (i.e. create 'Support Risk' under 'Risk' CTA type). 

Other CTA attributes - Status, Priority, Type have same behavior.

Please let me know if you need any other clarifications and I will be happy to have a call with you. Also, we will work on improving the UI experience, as suggested by you.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Thanks, Nitisha! That makes sense. The only thing I noticed was that when you make them inactive, they do still show in the list just are greyed out. Is there anyway for them to be removed from the list completely? I also can't seem to remove any of the reporting categories. I get a message that they are being used in a picklist.
Hi Heather,

In which screen are you seeing greyed out reason? If possible, can you share the screenshot.

Reporting Category might be mapped to a value (e.g. Reason reporting category mapped to a CTA reason), that is why you are not able to delete it. If you remove the mapping, you will be able to delete it.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
So, you can see in the CTA Reason section, I have them as unchecked, but when I go to the CTA, and choose the dropdown, they all show up, but are greyed out. SIDE NOTE: They don't show up when I create a new CTA and choose a reason. Only when I want to change the reason on an existing CTA.
Thanks for sharing the mocks, we will make this change. Inactive reasons (and other attributes) will not be visible in UI.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Badge
Hi Heather,

This has been implemented.

When your are trying to Edit or Create a CTA, Inactive attributes will not be seen.

But if you have any CTA's that uses the attribute, then the value will be grayed out and once you select any other value it will be removed from the list.