Beta Testing Opportunity - Gmail plug-in for Chrome

• 28 January 2020
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Community! We have an exciting new feature that we are getting close to release and want to do some beta testing with some engaged end users. 

:gmail:

This is a Chrome Browser Gmail Plugin that makes it easier to use Email to Timeline as well as Email Assist templates right from within Gmail! We know this is a :hot_pepper: integration, so the selected participants need to be the most engaged beta testers possible! :boom:

• Criteria - Available for SFDC edition and NXT. Requires Chrome browser and Gmail as the email client (we are looking at other combinations for future releases). You should also be using Timeline and Email Assist templates to fully test the functionality of this plugin.

Timing - we want to choose testers no later than January 29!

Interested? Send me a DM or reply to this thread so we can get the conversation started. 

14 replies

Hi @dan_ahrens 

I was talking to this with our COM today and we were wondering if you plan to do the same for Outlook.

@zul_hamidan fyi

Thanks,

Jason

Badge

Hello @dan_ahrens,

We’re very interested in giving this a spin (I’ve been harrying our CSM about it pretty incessantly) as it could be an integral feature for us. Regarding criteria, we’re well in line with your notes above. Please see my DM for more detailed info!

Please let me know if we can get into this beta, I’d love to be an early adopter here.

Thanks,

Billie

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @dan_ahrens 

I was talking to this with our COM today and we were wondering if you plan to do the same for Outlook.

@zul_hamidan fyi

Thanks,

Jason

We are also willing to Beta test once you are working with Outlook.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thanks @bharland - I’ll be in touch shortly.

@angela_domenichelli @jason_hoe - we do plan to support Outlook as well. There are some more challenges with Outlook as there are both browser and desktop applications to account for, but it’s on our roadmap.

Yes please @dan_ahrens - we’re really keen to test this as we’ve just rolled out Email to Timeline.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Phil754 - got you added to the list. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @dan_ahrens! Loved hearing about this feature during today’s roadmap webinar. Is it still possible to participate in the beta? We just rolled out Gainsight at our company but I know some members of our team would love to test this out (including myself).

I would like to sign up our team for the beta trial. We have several really strong testers.

Thanks,

Rebecca

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @cmultanen and @rrichman - please shoot me an email at dahrens at Gainsight and we’ll get you set up. 

Would it be possible for you all to only support the Outlook web app at first?  It would be amazing to have this for OWA and my team would love to test it out.  Also, where on the timeline is development of Email to Timeline for Outlook?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Our plan is to eventually release the same functionality for Outlook, but the initial release will be only for Gmail.

Sorry I edited my question because I saw that it had already been answered *facepalm*

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Right now, when you select this to sync to timeline for old emails, it creates the activity on the date the sync was done. It would be more helpful if the activity date could be the send date of the email if possible

Userlevel 4

Hello @andreammelde 
Thanks for your inputs. We are planning some enhancements for timeline in chrome plugin, we will consider this.