Beta Testing Opportunity - Cockpit Calendar Integration

• 28 January 2020
  • 39 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Community! We have an exciting new feature that we are getting close to release and want to do some beta testing with some engaged end users. 

Cockpit Calendar Integration  

What does the feature do: It allows CSM’s to add CTA’s to their calendar as events!! 

Why would they want that: CSM’s start and plan their day from the calendar. Having your important  CTA’s visible on your calendar will ensure that they don’t miss any critical due dates and better plan their day. 

How can I choose what CTA’s get added to my calendar: Users can set a filter criteria for CTA’s to be automatically added to their calendar (Eg: sync all my Risk CTA’s due next week) or manually add them from Cockpit.

What all can I do from the synced calendar event : User can navigate to the CTA in Gainsight directly from the calendar event. In addition to this, users can update CTA due date & CTA Name directly from the calendar. Also if CTA due-date’s are updated in Gainsight the calendar event in automatically updated

What if too many calendar events get created: When defining the filters user can preview how many CTA’s will get synced to their calendar to give them a sense of how many events will be added. Also at any point of time users can delete all the synced events and redefine the filters to start over again. 

Does this work for Google & Outlook Calendars: Yes 

Is it available for both SFDC & NXT Editions: No, its available only in  Gainsight NXT  

Criteria - Available only for  NXT. Works for both Google and Outlook calendars. You should also be using Cockpit.

Timing - we want to choose testers no later than Feb 4!

Interested? Send me a DM or reply to this thread so we can get the conversation started. 

39 replies

That is disappointing, this would be an amazing feature to have... :frowning2:  

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @joshua_roskos - completely understand where you’re coming from. NXT is the future of our platform and while we will be able to provide parity on some features to the old SFDC edition, on some things we won’t be able to make it happen. If you haven’t already, you should talk to your Gainsight CSM about when your organization can migrate to NXT. :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

received feedback again that it is not helpful by CTA due date and would be much more helpful to sync tasks to calendar

Hi @andreammelde ,

Thanks a lot for sharing this feedback. We will consider this enhancement as a part of the features roadmap for sure.

Just confirming one thing, apart from having the tasks sync on the due date (similar to the CTA) would any kind of filtering be needed on what tasks should be synced? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @joshua_roskos as of now, we don't have any plans of bringing this to the SFDC edition

:(

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @rajyalakshmi_vele I would be interested for some users in our org; however, we are scheduled for NXT migration later in the year, starting in November. Can you keep us on a hold accordingly? DM me to chat more.

Edit: totally missed the date. Ignore!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@aditya_marla I agree and I would think giving admins the ability to filter which tasks are sync’d or giving this ability directly to the end users would be nice. 

How is task syncing going? Are you ever planning to have calendar events like meetings auto log to timeline?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

received feedback again that it is not helpful by CTA due date and would be much more helpful to sync tasks to calendar

@foster.sean92 @lindseyyoung5 see this thread and this particular comment regarding expectations for this functionality we are expected to launch on Monday

We would love this for our org! 

@Lani Nelson 

I agree, this functionality is great in the mobile app but will be even more powerful in the web version as that is where end users mainly use gainsight.

Has there been any discussion to allow a notification of an upcoming meeting to be posted as a “draft” instead of directly to timeline?

Badge

This would be such an amazing game changer!!!

If you create a CTA and add Associated Persons from your Customer Contacts, does the integration create a Google Calendar event with the individuals to invite them to the event? 

@rsivesind No we don’t have that functionality. We just show the CTA as a event in the calendar currently.