Question

Gainsight working with Marketing - Best Practice Discussion

Badge +1

I am part of the marketing operations team at AVEVA. We invested in Gainsight to provide deeper customer insights and we are now researching how we can maximise our investment in Gainsight, utilising the customer insights data across other business units within AVEVA.

We want to specifically understand if there are any organisations on the same path using the GS platform in conjunction with marketing, utilising their resources, and technology to provide a personalised customer experience that assists in the development of new opportunity through potential expansion or upsell nurture campaigns.

Our current marketing automation tool is Marketo so anyone with the same tech would be great, however utilising any MA would be beneficial. If anyone can assist I would appreciate a discussion to understand how you implemented (technology & process) and any best practice you would be willing to share.

Many thanks from sunny but cold Scotland!

Cheers Allan

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi Allan, Great Questions! And one I’ve heard a lot lately! 

Here at Gainsight, we use both Marketo and Gainsight Journey Orchestrator. When choosing which tool use for a communication, we first determine what data and triggers we need. For customized communication around their use of our platforms, their goals, and data we have on them, we leverage Journey Orchestrator. 

If we are including customers in messaging that also goes to prospects, we tend to use Marketo. We are beginning to build more bridges and processes across our Scale team and our Marketing Ops team to ensure we are respecting preferences of customers as well. 

Happy to help coordinate a call between our teams if you are interested.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@Allan Young we’re also using both Marketo and Gainsight.  Customer Success leverages Gainsight JO for promoting Live Events (Webinars, Trainings, Office Hours), announcing updates to Academy content, Adoption-focused emails based on product usage data, New User welcome sequences, etc. 

Our Marketing Team uses Marketo.  Our Customer Marketing team is primarily focused on upsell and expansion so they are sending content accordingly.  Our Product Marketing team sends out a newsletter and release notes

We have both systems integrated into SFDC to adhere to email opt out preferences and leverage additional data points to define criteria for the audience.

Happy to connect to share more!

Badge +1

Hi @zdsiegert and @lane_h. Many thanks for your replies. It is much appreciated. We are very much at the start of our implementation journey with adoption now under way within the CS team. I am looking at how we coordinate the expansion of the platform within marketing for potential use in our new financial year. I am about to start some annual leave, back first week in January 2023. I would love to be able to connect with you both to have an informal discussion around how you have done this within your own organisation. Would this be possible? Appreciate all the help you can give.

Best wishes

Allan

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@Allan Young of Course! happy to jump on a call together. Maybe the 3 of us can? I’m OOO until the week of Jan 9th. would sometime then work?

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Happy to connect week of Jan 9th, 2023! 

Badge +1

Hi @lane_h and @zdsiegert . Happy new year! All the best for 2023. I will send a teams invite for either Thursday 12th or Friday 13th January 2023. Do these dates work for you both? If so can you supply the email address you want the invite sent to and your time zone so I can coordinate the best time. Much appreciated. Allan

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@Allan Young just sent you a DM with email info.  I am available on Thursday 1/12

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@Allan Young @zdsiegert I can make the afternoon of the 12th work. Let me know if you’d like me to join with you or separate.

Badge +1

Great news. Lets go for 1330 CDT / 1230 MDT on 12th January. @lane_h can you send me your email address for the invite please.

Badge +1

Hi Guys. Just confirmed date and time for next week. @zdsiegert you will have received your teams invite to the email address that you provided. @lane_h will await your address before sending the invite. I very much appreciate your help on this. Cheers Allan.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi @Allan Young you can reach me at lholt@gainsight.com