Customer Goals vs. Success Plans

• 28 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I see the currently new implementation of Customer Goals in the C360 as a container while the bulk of the goals are shown in the CTAs and Success Plans. This seems obvious yet I’m looking for the benefit of these opposed to having a custom goal oriented success plan. Some questions I have are:

• Can Customer Goals be shared externally similar to Success Plans?
  • Can we report on customer goals with related SPs and CTAs apart from the C360 view?
  • Are custom fields suggested to receive the most value from this new module?

I’m curious if anyone has implemented Customer Goals in their Org and, if so, how is it going?

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hey there,

Everyone is excited about the introduction of customer goals to Gainsight. However, its resemblance to Success Plans has caused a fair bit of dilemma. The way I see it is Customer Goals are best used to define the customer objectives while success plans can be used as a project management tool to define a framework to achieve those objectives. 

To answer your questions, 

1. Can Customer Goals be shared externally similar to Success Plans?
    • I believe that functionality is not yet available but I’ll certainly update this thread once I double check with the product team and I’m able to gather more information about it. 
  2. Can we report on customer goals with related SPs and CTAs apart from the C360 view?
    • ​​​​​​​Yes, we can. Click Here to learn about the objects involved in Customer Goals that can be used in reporting. 
  3. Are custom fields suggested to receive the most value from this new module?
    • ​​​​​​​The intent behind this question is unclear to me. If you could please elaborate more about the use case, I’ll be able to gather more information about it.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Customer goals can be shared externally as part of a Success Plan or through a custom report on 360. Custom fields can add a lot of value. We can use them to collect more information (metrics, targets, key sponsor, business unit, etc.) from Sales/Post-sales teams.