Solved

when sharing a Success plan with customers, can the CSM get notified when the customer updates it, or vice versa?

• 22 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

when sharing a Success plan with customers, can the CSM get notified when the customer updates it, or vice versa?  I have my SP’s set to edit and view for the customer to add notes and close tasks.  Would be nice to have them alerted when I alter anything so I don’t have to do double work with an email.  Thoughts?

icon

Best answer by jean.nairon 23 July 2020, 17:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Dkirkpatrick, you could create a rule that queries CTAs that were recently updated by someone other than the CSM. 

Query the Call To Action object and filter for Update Date within the last 24 hours. If you have a field for CSM on the Company object, you can bring that data in as well so you filter out anyone who last updated the CTA does not question the Company CSM field. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Then would that trigger a notification to the CSM or would that create a CTA?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Dkirkpatrick, you could use it to create a CTA which would send a notification. There is unfortunately no way to just trigger a notification. Alternatively, you could query the data and send an email to the CSM using Journey Orchestrator if you want an email in their inbox. 

You might be also able to have users sign up for Event Notification. I believe though that this just tracks when a CTA status is updated. Here is some more info:
https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Notifications/User_Guides/Setup_User_Notifications#Subscribe_to_Event_Notifications