Solved

Use Case for Context ID?

• 14 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

In the Object Glossary for AO Participants there is Context ID with the definition '

A unique ID that can be configured to tie a participant's response back to a specific activity/service offered. For example, the Context ID could be a support ticket number or a webinar code.

Is there a more thorough example or use case for this? I searched support documentation and most of the results for Context ID are for the Object Glossary. 

icon

Best answer by john_apple 14 July 2020, 21:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Typically something like a Support Case ID or Service ticket ID when sending a CSAT survey is what that would be used for. An activity that you want to associate the participant to.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

How does it differ from a custom field? Or maybe context ID is more for Rules Engine? It could be that I just don’t have much of a use case for it but am trying to better understand it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

If you choose to use a Transactional survey (CSAT) in the JO Program, there is a standard field for Context ID. It is different from a custom field because it is required in the mapping for CSAT surveys.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Ah ok, thanks John! We don’t use GS surveys for CSAT currently so it seems not as relevant for me at this time.