Solved

Updated Sally Slack documentation?

• 24 October 2019
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Since the update to Sally Slack admin UI, I haven’t seen an update to the documentation, which still shows the old view. https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/Sally_AI_Bot/Admin_Guides/Admin_Configuration_for_Sally

The new interface isn’t as intuitive and I’m not really sure how to add users to Sally in Slack. I provisioned users with Standard permission set and even tried to load users and set them as “Active” once the screen somehow magically appeared, but that didn’t do anything. 

icon

Best answer by rakesh_lingala 24 April 2020, 15:15

View original

11 replies

Badge +3

@lila_meyer - This is helpful feedback on the Sally Admin documentation

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@lila_meyer - This is helpful feedback on the Sally Admin documentation

I think @rakesh_lingala is working on updating the docs right now!

Badge

Hello Everyone,

I’ve started updating the above-mentioned article and will let you all know once it is finalized & approved.

Thanks!

Badge

Hello Everyone,

The following Sally article has been updated and approved as per new user interface:

Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

It seems I can only get to Step 15 in Lightning (not all users are loading), and can’t even get to “Load Users” in Classic:

I’ll file a Support ticket, but the updates to Sally administration are super buggy. Though the last version still wasn’t super clear, it at least worked. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’ve been running around in circles for the past 2 hours trying to figure out how to accurately create Quick Insights that actually work with Sally queries. The documentation is very poor and still refers to navigation in SFDC edition when I’m look at the NXT edition article. What are the plans to update this and provide more helpful instructions?

Badge

Hello Gunjanm,

Here is the link for the article on how to configure Quick Insights in Slack using Sally in NXT:

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Sally_AI_Bot/Admin_Guides/Configure_Quick_Insights_in_Slack_using_Sally

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@rakesh_lingala there is lots missing from this. For example, this line in the Admin article “To bridge that gap, Gainsight introduces the Quick Insights feature which helps users access the specific information just by typing ‘Quick Insights’ in the chat window.” is not even mentioned in the End User article. The end user workflow needs to be better laid out and actually visualized in order for us as Admins to better understand what each configuration step really means. There isn’t even an indication of there being a limit of 5 query filters. 

This makes it especially difficult as Partners, where we don’t necessarily have access to the client’s Slack in order to test the output. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for sharing your detailed feedback, @gunjanm ! It helps the team to improve the docs for everyone. We’ll share another update here when the articles are revised.

Badge

Hello Gunjanm,

Thanks for the feedback.

I’ll work with the respective PM and update the articles based on your feedback. I will post it here once it is done.

Thanks!

Badge

@rakesh_lingala there is lots missing from this. For example, this line in the Admin article “To bridge that gap, Gainsight introduces the Quick Insights feature which helps users access the specific information just by typing ‘Quick Insights’ in the chat window.” is not even mentioned in the End User article. The end user workflow needs to be better laid out and actually visualized in order for us as Admins to better understand what each configuration step really means. There isn’t even an indication of there being a limit of 5 query filters. 

This makes it especially difficult as Partners, where we don’t necessarily have access to the client’s Slack in order to test the output. 

Thanks!

Hello Gunjan,

I've updated the following Quick Insights articles as per your feedback:

1. Configure Quick Insights in Slack using Sally
  2. Quick Insights in Slack Using Sally

Thanks!