Question

SF Toolbar

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Getting mixed feedback from the team on the SF toolbar being automatically collapsed on each page. It's especially frustrating when you click from one page to another, and its collapsed again, so you have to un-collapse it to go somewhere else. It's something that takes some getting used to, but I'm definitely hearing some noise about it.

6 replies

Badge +3
Would users want that to be "sticky" - so if they like it collapsed it will be collapsed but if they show their SFDC tabs it will stay that way?  Do your users always have the same preference - collapsed or uncollapsed or does it vary more by session?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi Denise,

I thought about that, but I think it's just depends on the situation. I did have a call with Elaine, and she explained the why. I think for now, we'd probably just prefer it to always be un-collapsed.
Badge
Our ideal would be for the user to be able to set a default status for the SF Tab bar. If that is not feasible, then having the SF Tab bar status be sticky is preferred.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
I acknowledge that it can be painful to keep having to collapse the header on every page you visit. One question out of curiosity: what actions does your team want to take because of which they end up collapsing again and again? We do repeat all the SFDC tabs in the Gainsight navigation, so I'm assuming that's not the main driver?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
For us, we have problems with getting the tabs to stick. So, I'm constantly having to expand the bar to get to the Plus to go to a tab that I need.
Hi Denise, I think our CSM's would prefer the "sticky" option where if they elect to un-collapse once, it would stay that way if they go to another page.