Solved

Scorecard Validity Functionality

• 14 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Can’t find any documentation on validity on GainsightGo and had a few questions.  I see that there’s a visual display when the score is past the validity date, but does anything else happen automatically once that period is passed? 

1.  Do we stop using that score in the scorecard calculation?
  2. Does any sort of notification get sent out (i.e. email or CTA)

Then, curious about use cases.  We are considering it for sentiment and then, potentially for NPS and/or CSAT as well.  Would anyone be willing to share where they use it and how effective it is?

icon

Best answer by jean.nairon 15 October 2020, 02:45

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @heather_hansen

You are right, there’s not that much information on Validity in the support articles. Here’s how it’s worked for me in the past. I’ve found it quite helpful for helping CSMs to update manual measures. 

CSM Notification

When you turn validity on, an exclamation mark is added on the scorecard mass edit report. I typically have included this report in a dashboard for CSMs so that they can see which scores they need to review. It looks like this: 

When you click to update the score, CSMs can change the score or just renew it. Renewing will reset the validity clock. Here’s a screenshot. 

I don’t believe their are currently any other way to see which scores are no longer valid nor any notification. @darkknight has a product idea for a pop-up notification here: 

In the past, I have used CTAs to trigger a notification to CSMs to update the score. The best solution I have seen is by filtering for companies with score_modified_at is greater than 30 days ago. You can trigger a CTA as soon as the score is set to expire or a few days after to give CSMs a bit of a buffer. 

Scorecard Data

In terms of the data, nothing changes in the weekly Scorecard snapshots. Even if a score is no longer valid, it is not exclude from the weekly snapshots. You could potentially filter this data out but I’m pretty sure there is only the score_modified_at that you can leverage for this. There is unfortunately no other flag on the scorecard tables for validity that I am aware of. This might be a great idea if many people use this feature and if there is indeed no additional validity flag in the score tables.

My Best Practice Use Case

As I described above, I’ve used validity a lot with manual measures so that CSMs are notified via the scorecard mass edit report and must renew the score before the validity clock resets. Using a CTA to fire a few days after to remind the CSM will further help them keep this data refreshed. And if you still have challenges getting them to update the data, you can create additional CTAs or even escalate it to a manager via rules. 

You mentioned you’re looking at using it for NPS and CSAT. I’m curious how you might want to use this here. You could for instance have validity mark these scores as no longer valid if someone hasn’t filled out a survey in a long time. Validity could help here to make the stale data more visible for CSMs and could help further inform managers that this data is stale but it won’t enable them to take action on it. 

If you do want to notify the CSMs that their customer hasn’t submitted a survey in a long time, I would possibly recommend also adding a Last Survey Date to the C360. That way CSMs can at least see how long ago it was. 

Hope this helps address some of your questions. 

Jean

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @heather_hansen

You are right, there’s not that much information on Validity in the support articles. Here’s how it’s worked for me in the past. I’ve found it quite helpful for helping CSMs to update manual measures. 

CSM Notification

When you turn validity on, an exclamation mark is added on the scorecard mass edit report. I typically have included this report in a dashboard for CSMs so that they can see which scores they need to review. It looks like this: 

When you click to update the score, CSMs can change the score or just renew it. Renewing will reset the validity clock. Here’s a screenshot. 

I don’t believe their are currently any other way to see which scores are no longer valid nor any notification. @darkknight has a product idea for a pop-up notification here: 

In the past, I have used CTAs to trigger a notification to CSMs to update the score. The best solution I have seen is by filtering for companies with score_modified_at is greater than 30 days ago. You can trigger a CTA as soon as the score is set to expire or a few days after to give CSMs a bit of a buffer. 

Scorecard Data

In terms of the data, nothing changes in the weekly Scorecard snapshots. Even if a score is no longer valid, it is not exclude from the weekly snapshots. You could potentially filter this data out but I’m pretty sure there is only the score_modified_at that you can leverage for this. There is unfortunately no other flag on the scorecard tables for validity that I am aware of. This might be a great idea if many people use this feature and if there is indeed no additional validity flag in the score tables.

My Best Practice Use Case

As I described above, I’ve used validity a lot with manual measures so that CSMs are notified via the scorecard mass edit report and must renew the score before the validity clock resets. Using a CTA to fire a few days after to remind the CSM will further help them keep this data refreshed. And if you still have challenges getting them to update the data, you can create additional CTAs or even escalate it to a manager via rules. 

You mentioned you’re looking at using it for NPS and CSAT. I’m curious how you might want to use this here. You could for instance have validity mark these scores as no longer valid if someone hasn’t filled out a survey in a long time. Validity could help here to make the stale data more visible for CSMs and could help further inform managers that this data is stale but it won’t enable them to take action on it. 

If you do want to notify the CSMs that their customer hasn’t submitted a survey in a long time, I would possibly recommend also adding a Last Survey Date to the C360. That way CSMs can at least see how long ago it was. 

Hope this helps address some of your questions. 

Jean

@jean.nairon Awesome, thanks for your time on this! This really helps. 

@heather_hansen I am also redirecting this to our documentation team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@jean.nairon This is super helpful!  And yes, the goal for the NPS and CSAT be would to show that the data was stale.  I would also potentially like that data to no longer be included in the score after the validity period but still be displayed.  I will post a separate idea for that.

@sai_ram Thank you!  I searched by everything I could think of and went through most of the Scorecard 2.0 documentation and couldn’t find much more than a reference.

Badge +1

@seth_schroeder 

Badge +1

Hi @heather_hansen,

Thanks for sharing these questions and feedback on scorecard validity. I’ve gone ahead and updated our NXT and SFDC documents for both admins and end users with notes that hopefully address your feedback and will answer these questions for anyone else going forward. You can find links to the updated documents below. Please feel free to take a look and share any additional feedback you might have.

FYI @shantan_reddy @sai_ram @pratap_kumar_challa 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@seth_schroeder Looks great!  I think that should definitely help moving forward.