Solved

Person/Contact Identification and Management

• 11 May 2021
  • 8 replies

Does anyone have any ideas on how to identify contacts for different purposes?  Has anyone used Relationships to help identify who should be getting NPS or to help Marketing know who they should be marketing to for which product etc.

icon

Best answer by heather_hansen 11 May 2021, 20:23

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@Todd.Dowell thank you for sharing your inputs here. Could you please add the use-case for better understanding and for better help.

I was just looking for help from the community, maybe I posted in the wrong spot?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Todd.Dowell So, we have a field on the contact in SFDC that we pulled into the GS Company Person and Person object that the CSM selects the person’s role (i.e. persona) Examples of options: Technical Contact,  Decision Maker, Influencer, etc.), and then, we added a checkbox to indicate that contact should receive the NPS survey.  So, we query the role and that checkbox depending on what type of outreach we want to send. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I was just looking for help from the community, maybe I posted in the wrong spot?

@Todd.Dowell that happens, no worries. Did the comments posted by @heather_hansen helped?

Yes Heather’s ideas were a great start.  I’d love to hear some more ideas from the community. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Todd.Dowell We have Personas and their corresponding products in SFDC Contact Object (Personas are: Executive, Decision Maker, Admin, Champion, Super User).  We also have a check box that allows the CSM to identify who their main point of contact is (the admin may not necessarily always be the main POC).

We use relationships, and we implemented Person.  We have rules running every hour that pulls any contacts that have a corresponding Persona and designates their relationship based on the product they have been associated with.  

Since our source of truth is SFDC, we taught marketing of the persona and product and they are able to pull these contacts via Marketo.  

We are working on creating a custom field in the person relationship table where we plan on storing the customers NPS score so CSMs have a full 360 view of their key contacts and corresponding score.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@Todd.Dowell did you get a chance to view the comments posted by @andorfuhrer?

@andorfuhrer and @heather_hansen  thanks for your inputs.

Hi Sai, 

Yes I did and gave them the thumbs up.  Thanks everyone.