Identifying Person Identifier in Adoption Explorer

• 26 August 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge
  • Gainsight Employee: Rookie
  • 5 replies

Hello Gainsight Admin Community!

Here in this post I would be discussing Person Identifier in the Usage data (Adoption Explorer) and how it has to be selected amidst other Person identifiers in Gainsight.

Problem description:

Sometimes the C360 page of the Account does not show up Person usage data. Although the data is available in Adoption Explorer.

Reason is - the Person level identifier selected incorrectly as the lookup.

Solution:

We often get confused about choosing one of the Person identifiers available to create lookup within the Adoption explorer project setup. For instance there could be an email, external id, Platform id etc… at person level to identify the contacts. Among all the identifiers which one should we choose is the question of concern ?

Here is the screenshot of settings page in Adoption Explorer project setup

DylfAS9KqudGmhj5SvDBWRvp1I5iqjqyt52k73V5L6dReO_06dnfPRBR31GrUiQ0eXEzPGU4M3JHLlPAvycm-5t8kKzBdQ7zoYffl7EhfUS8J9mpxIlDrQ-XpD0kJE4ZVKmECD1C

Here is how you can find the right one:

The identifier mapped in the Adoption explorer’s Source object as Person ID is the Person level identifier in the Usage data. As you can see in below screenshot it is Platform user ID.

BGl74XCLuWEiZico7CK9HqztM-umAyKyU3QqUT14K0jsCivefaNiPKDHoOVzR-lRm9P1_VCwQXGx2FbpDT-IsHiudq8h_Yzy4aNkaGW7dM6wT7FYFx8luiMCUE_EmJ6i8JfFXZdQ

You can preview any of the object’s historic logs to understand what kind of data is stored in that Person identifier of the Usage data.

GBo43C6ZVvn3InMXfWiP4slgPquIetQtI36TYa0jLia0iKIsFSTXqN1EdaNQMW8671GqSttnmY9wyWyDeT7X0VgS4gLWN1s6d95k9MopSCJEDHYk0z4JG6chx4Fcv_qGP7GPwUPA

Now the prerequisite is that the same identifier should be present at Person Level in Gainsight. You can verify that by building a report on Company Person /Person. As you can see in the below screenshot the person level identifier used in Usage data is also present in Company Person. Now we need to select the same field as the identifier while configuring the lookup settings in Adoption explorer setup.

B3XbTPOIuZHXmy5l3l6LD3B48rIn8c7kKGa2ztvtEFEZbTzYCWbrMdla3mhh5FRGM9i4V6N6KNYI03sbX_qBbMunPmm8Pa6y3cgIuS5ZSIGMnvsH6w6M3I5uV_bmzbOHg1jHtVVl

Now select the appropriate Person lookup in the Adoption explorer settings and the usage data will be available at Person level in C360.

Please comment below if you have any questions.

Happy Gainsighting :)

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@shivani Thanks for posting it here!