Question

Gainsight Sally Not Finding Information

• 26 February 2018
  • 3 replies

I've recently configured Sally for our Slack workspace and setup my user account through Gainsight.  However, when attempting to pull any information from the bot it fails to return any data. 

For example, the command 'my ctas' will return "No CTAs Found!  We could not find any CTAs associated with your id. Please contact your Gainsight Admin to know more."  I've setup test CTAs so I know there is valid data to pull into Slack.  The command 'summary for <company name>' will return "Didn't get that!  Looking for some information?  Try following options".

Please let me know if anyone else has had this experience.

3 replies

Hi Scott,

Thanks for reaching out to us for the issue. Can you please raise the support ticket for the same issue? 

We will let you know once we fix the issue. 
This issue came down to not having the gainsight users synced to salesforce before the slack users were created (i.e. configuration order of operations).  This meant that the 'External User ID' and Salesforce fields on the Sally User records were not populated and thus could not pull down information.  I would recommend adding this to a troubleshooting document.  It may save others some time.

Thanks.
Badge +1
Sure Scott, thanks for the feedback. Will definitely add this to the help docs.