Gainsight Mobile App Updates - June 7 & 21

• 24 June 2019
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Our product team is frequently improving the mobile app and addressing issues. You can read about the most recent release details ​here.​​

Please continue to share your feedback on the new Gainsight mobile app here in the Community!

8 replies

Hi Lila,

@lila_meyer

Can you explain how calendar connect works with Gainsight? If i have meetings on my outlook for instance with a customer, how does mobile know when it provides me the alert, which customer's c360 summary to surface to me so that i can log a timeline entry.

How is mobile pickng up this information from outlook, or is it using salesforce in some way to identify?

Thanks,

Shiela

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Shiela, I'm checking with our product team for assistance here!

Thanks @lila_meyer! Any info on this would be great, as i cannot seem to get it to work on my end. we are holding to communicate availability of this feature until we fully understand how the outlook integration will behave to mitigate issues/questions from our CSMs :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@manu_mittal Can you help with Shiela's mobile question?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi @shiela_kern,

We look at the attendee email adresses and try to find a matching Company–Person record. This tells us which Company to pull the data for, and where the draft activity might go once published.

Regarding the issue you're facing, are you not able to enable the calendar connection at all, or is this about meeting notifications not getting generated? In the current version, you won't see a notification come in if:

• It's an internal meeting

• You are not the organizer of the meeting

• External attendees added to the meeting are not present in Company–Person

• External attendees added to the meeting have duplicate records in Company–Person

• External Attendees belong to multiple Companies (meeting with multiple customers)

• External Attendees were added after the meeting was created (added when editing, not on creation)

If this doesn't help, the best path forward would be to create a support ticket so we can properly analyze and track the issue. Would love to get this fully working for you and your team as soon as possible!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@sai_kumar_rachamalla Can you review Shiela and Manu's exchange and add relevant info to docs?

Badge +1
@lila_meyer updated the doc accordingly. Please find the doc link here.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
@shiela_kern Quick update: Some of these restrictions have been lifted.

• Meeting notification flow now works for all internal attendees who haven’t declined the event, not just the organizer/host.

• All edits to a calendar event are honored up till 15 minutes before (e.g., attendees, subject, description, start/end dates).

In the upcoming minor release (1.1.3), we are also adding an option to resync calendar events in case of an error. Reauthorization is possible as well, in case access is revoked due to external reasons.