Solved

Filtering Quick Insight for Current User doesn't work

• 10 June 2019
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
I want to build a Quick Insight report for renewals that are owned by the user that is running the Quick Insight. Using a Data Filter of Owner ID equals Current User results in No Data being found by Sally.

Changing the Filter to be All Users, finds all Renewals and the query filter can be used to specify the user BUT it would be handy if Current User could be used in the Data Filter so that there is one less step for the end user in Slack.

I believe Current User doesn't work because the Slack user is not the same as the SFDC user - so the data filter works but doesn't provide meaningful results because there is no lookup of the Slack User to find a matching SFDC User.

icon

Best answer by rakesh_lingala 24 April 2020, 15:15

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
@shantan_reddy - can you assist on this one?

Badge +1
@john_apple

This is most likely a bug.

We do share the GSuser for every Slack user, and it should ideally work as expected.

Will get back to you with details.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
@shantan_reddy

Thank you for confirming. I'm glad to hear that it should work for Current User as the Data filter as that would really be great from an end-user experience. My use case is building several types for different teams and then have insights that are filtered for their current user to be timely and useful when using Sally

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Hi @shantan_reddy - just confirming this is still an issue.

Badge +1
Hi @john_apple Yes, it is a bug. One of the reasons we have delayed picking this up, is that we want to change the implmentation of quick insights that would solve this, and a lot of the other isues that you, and others, have mentioned.

I will get back to you with our timeline for this and other requests soon.

Regards,

Shantan

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@john_apple how are you getting the Sally query to work? No matter what I try, I can’t get any Quick Insights reports to actually work in Sally.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@gunjanm In the Sally bot for Slack, are you typing “Show Insights”, “Show Quick Insight”, or “Quick Insights”?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@john_apple Ah, I was using the titles of each Quick Insight! This definitely needs to be clarified in the Support articles. 

Thanks, John!

Badge

@john_apple Ah, I was using the titles of each Quick Insight! This definitely needs to be clarified in the Support articles. 

Thanks, John!

Hello Gunjan,

I've updated the following Quick Insights articles as per your feedback:

1. Configure Quick Insights in Slack using Sally
  2. Quick Insights in Slack Using Sally

Thanks!