Question

Enablement Engine - where'd you go and why aren't you a core feature?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Curious to know whatever happened to “Enablement Engine”?

At a previous company I was given a walkthrough/demo and it was slick… but considered too much of a “nice to have” to justify the cost.

If EE was a core, cost-free Gainsight product, I know we would use the heck out of it.  And the better job we do enabling our end users, the more effectively they will use the platform, the more efficiently we can maintain the platform, the stickier Gainsight will become as a mission-critical platform and that would translate into smoother renewals and upsells…. right?

I’m sure there are support/dev concerns...but just seems like having more insight to how the platform is being used AND having the ability to enable users directly in the tool would be a no-brainer?

Raise your hand if you’d use EE if it was included.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I probably would. After all, I’ve commented in several various threads about wanting usage data at the specific dashboard level. That alone would be amazing.

As to why it’s not core, since their acquisition of Apptrinsic (aka Gainsight PX) they’re likely shifting whatever original tech stack they used to focus on using Apptrinsic, and realizing scaled deployment of that is a nightmare. That’s just my guess.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

To Bradley’s point, EE product mapper is not working for us currently, for at least the last 2 months if not longer. We have a support ticket open and have been waiting for engineering to fix the issue. Yes, would much rather have such a feature included in the cost for the overall platform instead of as an add-on we pay extra for and get no value out of. :upside_down: 

What does seem to work are user analytics (limited) and banner engagements (limited need). 

We had a whole quarterly objective planned around this feature and were going to use to help transition our users to NXT but they were not able to fix it by our NXT launch date. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I definitely want EE to work. PX on my CS has the potential to change lives. Honestly!

Customer Success is a new function and requires lots of change management to drive enablement and real change in our orgs. EE has the potentially to massively bridge that gap. If EE was more ready for prime time, I think it could significantly change the game for Gainsight. 

@dan_ahrens, @darkknight - can we make this a product idea so we can get the voting started? I think there would be a lot of Gainsight super heroes that would love this feature (not just Batman - although it would help him save lives too...). :grinning:  

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi all. A few months back the decision was made to sunset Enablement Engine. We still support it for existing customers but we no longer sell it and we aren’t making new product enhancements or investments in it. It definitely was a cool idea but the market just didn’t warm up to it unfortunately.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

-

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@dan_ahrens Maybe not EE as a whole but there are certainly aspects of it that admins have been repeatedly asking for, such as measuring specific internal feature usage.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@dan_ahrens Maybe not EE as a whole but there are certainly aspects of it that admins have been repeatedly asking for, such as measuring specific internal feature usage.

Hi @bradley you can check with your Gainsight CSM on this as we do offer a feature called Gainsight 360 (G360) which will show you some details on your teams usage of Gainsight. There is no cost for this service. 

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Administration_and_Permissions/Gainsight_Product_Adoption/View_Gainsight_360

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @bradley you can check with your Gainsight CSM on this as we do offer a feature called Gainsight 360 (G360) which will show you some details on your teams usage of Gainsight. There is no cost for this service. 

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Administration_and_Permissions/Gainsight_Product_Adoption/View_Gainsight_360

Yes, we’re all pretty much aware of that feature, I’m talking about the level of granularity like this: 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I think there’s two use cases here: 

1. Improved analytics on usage data
  2. Assisting with change management

For the first use case, the ability for improved metrics in G360 makes complete sense. 

For the second use case, the pitch in my mind is the same reason why the GS sales team is trying to sell PX for our own products. We want to be able to drive user behaviour change and the ability to have a pop-up message for end-users when we release new config changes is very powerful. The new knowledge bot also allows us to serve how to content right in the app at the point of action when a CSM is using Gainsight. To me, the sales pitch for this value is exactly why we would want to use PX in our own products. 

Customer Success is a new function and requires a lot of change and enablement. I think PX on CS (EE) is an incredibly powerful tool that can help with that. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi everyone. I created a new product idea with the details asked about in this question. Thank you @darkknight for posting this topic. I wanted to make it an idea so that we can start to collect votes and get more understanding of the market demand for this. Thank you everyone.