Question

Do External APIs have Patch option?

• 10 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi All,

We have a use case  - Our CSMs use Gainsight ,and our Sales team use our CRM - Hubspot.

As there is no direct way of syncing Timeline Notes from Gainsight to Hubspot ,we use External APIs to do this, based on the below Hubspot API documentation:
https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/engagements/get_engagement

To give our Sales Team visibility to the Notes added by the CSM ,especially in case of a Back to Sales(If the customer is not a fit)
Based the this doc - to create a new note in Hubspot ,i should use POST - using which I am able to send newly created notes from GS to HS.
However to update a note ,I should use PATCH - However i do not see this option in the External Actions .

How would you recommend updating edited Notes from Gainsight to Hubspot via APIs(or any other option)?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Smita Mohapatra , would the resources listed here help?

Badge

Hi @anirbandutta - I am looking for a way to update Timeline Notes to Hubspot via External APIs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Bhawya any guidance here?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Smita Mohapatra ,

I can take this one @anirbandutta 

Currently we do not have Patch as an option. We did get some asks around this a while ago. I’ll follow your idea -  Patch option for External APIs | Gainsight Community and will prioritise this accordingly.

cc: @Ritesh Sharma 

Badge

Hi @rakesh - Thank you!

This is the only way we can sync GS Timeline to HS right now ,so not having the Patch option is a huge limitation.
Everytime a CSM wants to edit a note it has to go via me to inform HS Ops to update it manually.