Question

Can we have nested objective functionality in Success Plans?

Badge +1
  • Gainsight Employee: Veteran Rookie
  • 11 replies

Couple of my customers have business use cases where they want to have nested objectives under main objective in SPs. They tried implementing one SP with high-level objectives and listed the sub-objectives under tasks; but this structure wasn't suitable for them and could not be utilised efficiently. Therefore, they had to create multiple SP to track one program.
Can we expect any SP functionality that gives a nested structure to objectives?

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @Anshita, thank you for posting on Community. Passing this along to our Product Manager to be looked into and circle back to you with an answer.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Anshita  @Cornelia I created a custom field on Success Plans that we want to use like a tag (multi-select for our products so a CSM could indicate which products the Success Plan is for). We had a similar use case an @Anshita where CSMs wanted to have this grouped. However, you cannot display custom fields on the the list view or use it in a search, which makes the attempt to work around obsolete and is only good in pulling reports. As another option, could we look at creating “tagging” of some sort to group or filter like success plans?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Anil Raj Pujari anything we are planning in this regard?

Badge +1

Any updates here?

Badge +3

@Anshita we are building a feature in Gainsight that will allow you to nest multiple success plans or CTAs underneath overarching customer goals. This should solve your need and I’ll let @Anil Raj Pujari share more. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@jake_ellis  when is the new functionality expected to be released? Our team would be very excited to use this - would like to give them an idea on timeline

Badge +3

We’re aiming for the 2nd half of this year with a possible beta in advance of that @andreammelde 

Badge

@andreammelde 
Currently only standard fields can selected from success plan list view column picker. Ability to select any field created on success plan object (including custom fields) is part of medium term roadmap.

Adding my voice to the chorus, nested success plans would make our lives so much better, @jake_ellis!

Is this still planned for release this year? Or did I miss an announcement?

Badge +3

@suzanneel We are planning to release Customer Goals in the coming release at the end of October.. Goals will allow teams to associate CTAs and success plans to higher level goals where success plans will act as the way to achieve and operationalize the overarching goals. This is one of the steps we’re taking to address the need mentioned here. @Anil Raj Pujari anything you’d add?

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Customer_Goals/Admin_Guide/Configure_Customer_Goals_Settings
https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Customer_Goals/User_Guide/Create_Customer_Goals(Beta)

Badge

@suzanneel “Customer goals” enables teams across the organisation to track customer desired outcomes from a dedicated page in C/R 360 in Gainsight and NXT account/opportunity widgets in Salesforce. It allows CSM to prioritise the goals and plan work. Work which is captured through Cockpit CTAs or Success Plans (tactical plans such as onboarding/adoption) can be associated to the goals. Progress of the goal is tracked through progress of work associated and also through goal status. Goal achieved for the customer enables CSMs to show case the business value delivered over time.