Solved

Calculating Boolean Fields in Adoption Explorer

• 7 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I’m in the beginning stages of setting up Adoption Explorer. One question I have is how to convert some of my date fields to boolean. Our situation, is that we have easy access the last used date for certain features. We want to use those dates to say if the date is within the last 3 months/6 months/year, then checkbox = true for the customer using that feature.

I thought I’d be able to do this via a Derived Field and  Case Function, but for date fields I either have to compare to a specific date or another available date field, there is no option for last year, subtract 90 days, etc. Is there another function type that can get me to the end result I’m looking for? Or do I need to have our data team do this calculation prior to bringing in our data?

icon

Best answer by skalle 8 October 2020, 14:42

View original

4 replies

Badge

Hi Kate

Thanks for the usecase. We don't support the date filters that you mention as part of Derived fields . However what you can do is create a derived field  of Aggregate of Feature Usage and set in Filter Rule

Last n days =30 days, 90 days , 180 days etc  So young have feature usage of ABC for 30 days, 90 days and 180 days etc as 3 separate fields. See attached image 

From Layouts perspective to show them as True or False  -----

For us the date filters come from Layouts. We are introducing the CASE function in Layouts in the upcoming Oct release and  using that both I believe we can get what you want.

The Date filter we have is defined on the Layout  on the Date Filter. You can select something like last 30days, last 90 days etc. Now Add a usage section  with type Analytics with details like the attached screenshot.  So real time based on the data, it will evaluate and get if usage is true or false based on the feature usage data for the 30days, 90 days, 180 days True or False we have in Time Series data.

Let me know if this works for your usecase or feel free to reach out to me

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@katie_b I am going through the older post and found this. Did the above comments help? Please let us know if you need any help here.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@sai_ram  Yes, they do! Thank you for the follow up. I haven’t had a chance to build this out yet, but I think it should give us what we need!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@katie_b great to hear that. Thanks!