The lesser problem: For a first-time user/admin, this is not intuitive. In the Avatars tab, I import the Avatars, then try to Enable Sally Access for them, but get an error (screenshot: https://cl.ly/3g3g083q0y0r). This error message doesn't give me enough info to know that I have to switch to the Users List tab and enable the users.
The bigger problem:
Enabling users is burdensome. Consider that I'll have to do this for my entire sales, professional services, support, implementation, and executive teams:
- Scroll/page/search through the Gainsight Users list, looking only for the users who I just imported from their Slack Avatar, and skipping the many users who are [i]not on those teams, but are present in this list from Salesforce Users via Gainsight Connect. Do not miss even a single user.
- For each user, click "Enable/Disable Status"...
- ...then click the confirmation button...
- ...then wait for the page to reload.
- Then go back to the Avatars > Users in Gainsight list and enable all the users.
- Import the users as Active from the get-go. Or, when importing the users, enable me to select a checkbox that says "Set as Active when imported" and perhaps also "Enable Sally Access when imported"
- Give me a 1-step tool to make a batch of users Active, and ideally enable Sally Access at the same time
- Make Enablement a one-click step without requiring a page reload