Solved

Any recommendations for automating messaging with dynamic pronouns?

• 1 November 2019
  • 1 reply

My goal is to create a Template that includes sentences like “Allow me to introduce you to [Name]. [He/She] will be your Customer Success Manager.” The He/She piece would be dynamic relative to the name (e.g. if it were John, it would say He. For Julia, it would say She).

The trick is automating the he/she piece based on the CSM’s name. For now, we’ve written Templates that don’t include the pronoun but I’m curious if anyone has successfully implemented this?

Thanks,

Will

icon

Best answer by john_apple 1 November 2019, 19:00

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

You do this by creating a field on the User object to hold their gender specific pronoun and then just adding that to Show Fields.

You could also build a transformation task in the Program with a Case Expression formula field and then build the logic (e.g. If Bob, John, Steve, then “he”; if Julia, Emily, Mary “she”; else “they”).

In general, I think avoiding gender-specific pronouns is preferable but creating the field on the User object record is probably easier and could make it available for Email Assist from Cockpit rather than having to create the same transformation task in each Program.