Question

Pulse 2019 - What are the benefits of going?

• 28 March 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge
Hi!

I am trying to get budget approved to attend Pulse this year. However, my boss asked me to write up a quick summary of why it would be beneficial for me to attend Pulse this year. I've been a GS admin for about a year and half now and outside of networking, I'm not sure what the selling points are for me. From the sounds of it, it's more about CS strategy and is focused on the customer success experience and not as much about the technical admin specifics.

Any help on this would be great, as I would love to attend this year!

Thanks again!

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
There is an entire Admin track now that will be just a bunch of "us" learning, networking and sharing Use Cases and best practices with some of Gainsights best and brightest resources. I've attended one training in St. Louis and found that experience and exposure invaluable for both business and technical contacts within the Gainsight team as well as other admins.

Hope you can make it!

Badge
It is super useful for both leaders/strategist and administrators. The leader/strategist appeal is more obvious in their marketing efforts for the event.

But for admins, I have always found the experience to be most about learning the crazy things other people are doing. I have been to Pulse 2016, 2017, and 2018. I was operating as both admin and leader for '16 and '17. The thing I got out of them that admins would love is the many use cases the product can fill. This is especially true with the use of Bionic Rules, Case Expressions, and the various components within them. I found that my ability to push our initiatives forward was greatly enhanced after Pulse. I was able to come back more regularly say "ya we can do that" brainstorming sessions. This led to us pushing the envelope more with our engagement strategy.

Hope this helps!

Badge
Thanks for the quick replies! That makes a lot of sense, I will try to leverage that and get the approval to attend this year! I definitely am looking forward to going over use cases/unique ways of accomplishing goals and initatives for CS teams.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Manmeet - in addition to what Keith and Ben mentioned, here is a letter template you can use to help justify the trip to your management: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eYokjjJ15Bxonb3vZgCGJ1BjulsDQUh7lBYpgzzNWDI/edit

It will definitely push your use of Gainsight into a whole new gear!

Badge
Thanks for that doc!