US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) SPECIAL TOPIC: COMPANY PERSONS - 07/07/20: 1 pm PT / 2 pm MT / 3 pm CT/ 4 pm ET

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

The first 20 minutes of Office Hours today (time and meeting link info below) will be focused on Company Persons/Persons model in Gainsight, and on ensuring that the Sync job from Salesforce Contacts is working as desired.

This in because, starting today in SFDC Edition (NXT has always worked this way), when an end user creates a Timeline entry and searches for External Attendees to add, that “search” looks at the Company Persons for that Customer.

• Before today, the search looked at Contacts associated to the Account in Salesforce.
  • Your Person Sync job in Salesforce Connector should be set up to reflect all the Contacts associated with the Customer Accounts in Salesforce,
  • If that Sync job isn’t running correctly, your users won’t be able to find the people they found in the past to add to Timeline entries. 

After the 20-minute walkthrough and questions, we will use the rest of the hour for open questions per the usual Office Hours model -- submit your questions as replies to this thread and I will go in order of questions posted, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting

ID: 93972497920
Password: F7msaSQ3

‪(US) +1 877-853-5257‬

‪(IN) +91 0008000401530‬

10 replies

Badge

After the first 20 minutes related to the Company Persons workflow completes, I have the following follow-up question from Thursday’s office hours sessions:

Hi, I have two measures in a group in a scorecard. Both measures have a 0% weighting as they exist to provide exceptions in differing circumstances.

• Measure 1 is set when a Timeline entry is in place.
  • Measure 2 is set based on a Salesforce triggering event.

I would like to have Measure 1 only set the scorecard when Measure 2 is NOT set. My process of doing this is to have a rule which checks a scorecard MDA object to check the current score of Measure 2. The issue that I’m running into is that the Unified Scorecard Object and the Account Scorecard History do not have an entry that I can use to view the current score for Measure 2. What object might display the up-to-the moment score or at least a score within the last day?

Badge

Trying to write a rule that says if ARR changes, remove a score and clear a field. How do I do that in rules engine? I created a snapshot table in my MDA but I still can't figure out how to capture "Changes"

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Is there an option in JO to say if x role exists send to them and if not send to another role?

Badge +2

If time: We have an nps survey that asks clients for product specific feedback. It starts with asking the product the client uses and assumes the client is answering the questions for that product. The problem is many times the client self-selects the wrong product or they will select one product and provide answers for another. So we want to get rid of that first question and send a survey for the product the client uses (if more than one, highest arr wins). We use Relationships for each product line, so ultimately this is impacting R level scores. We are only allowed to send 2 nps surveys per year, regardless of the number of products a client has. It is common for clients to have multiple products. Do you have any suggestions/best practices for configuring this nps survey?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

For @ml2019 -- you shouldn’t need to move to Relationship Contacts to do what you are planning - and in fact, since we don’t know which relationship you are going to use on any given day, associating contacts with specific relationships would make it harder.

Short version of doing this in the query:

• Assumptions:
    • You aren’t matching a specific contact to a product -- you find your contacts and then you want to find out which Product you are surveying for from relationships.
    • You have fields on Relationship with that Product’s ARR and the Product Name
    • I’m also assuming that you have a query for pulling the Contacts you need to email - you need a way to then “merge” the info re: the product name of the highest-ARR Relationship for each contact’s customer - I’m just focused on getting that Relationship product name.
  • Addition to the Query
    • Fetch Data:  all relationships - Account ID, Relationship ID, ARR, Product Name
    • Transformation:  For each Account ID, get the Max ARR (Account ID in “By” and ARR in “Show”, set to “Max”
    • Merge:  Merge the full list of Relationships to the Transformed data set that just has the Acct ID and the Max ARR
      • Retain common records from both data sets
      • Merge on Account ID AND ARR
      • This is the way you get the rest of the information about the Relationship with that “highest ARR” value and ignore the rest - in a perfect world, we’d allow “Select records with ‘most recent date’ or ‘highest arr’, etc. from a list - it’s coming, but you have to do it this way first.
    • NOW you can merge the above list of Account IDs with the Product Name for the relationship with the highest ARR to your list of Contacts - just need to merge on Account ID.

Hopefully that makes sense - we’ll talk Thursday if there are follow up questions I’m sure!

Scott

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

For everyone who attended today’s session, here’s the link to the recording -- I will share a PDF of the 3 or 4 slides that I showed before starting to demo when I figure out the best method for doing so.

Thank you for joining!

Topic: Admin Office Hours
Date: Jul 7, 2020 02:58 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Link:  https://gainsight.zoom.us/rec/share/3tcvIevWz0pLUrOS-Wb7AbIvFaTYeaa813VI_vYIyUtJTjGNKZuITdnqP1zgcP2o 

Password: 8G%12g3T

Userlevel 3
Badge

For everyone who attended today’s session, here’s the link to the recording -- I will share a PDF of the 3 or 4 slides that I showed before starting to demo when I figure out the best method for doing so.

Thank you for joining!

Link:  https://gainsight.zoom.us/rec/share/3tcvIevWz0pLUrOS-Wb7AbIvFaTYeaa813VI_vYIyUtJTjGNKZuITdnqP1zgcP2o 

@sdrostgainsightcom I’m not seeing the ‘Customer Info’ field as being pushed out in our Prod Org last night.  We discussed the field around the 17:00 minute mark of the meeting for reference.  I do see the field is present in our Sync Filters for our Company_sync job, but it’s not visible when I search for it in the Company_Person Sync Filters ‘Add Filter’ section.  Did I misunderstand the timing of when it would be pushed out?  Thanks!

JJ

Badge +2

Thank you for joining!

Thank you for joining!

@sdrostgainsightcomI’m not seeing the ‘Customer Info’ field as being pushed out in our Prod Org last night.  We discussed the field around the 17:00 minute mark of the meeting for reference.  I do see the field is present in our Sync Filters for our Company_sync job, but it’s not visible when I search for it in the Company_Person Sync Filters ‘Add Filter’ section.  Did I misunderstand the timing of when it would be pushed out?  Thanks!

JJ

@sdrostgainsightcom I just checked and I’m not seeing customer info in the sync filters either

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@ml2019 , @jeremy_johnston and others following the thread - the issue in not being able to find the Customer Info field when setting up the filter is the way the “field search” at the top of the list of fields works in the Connecter job setup - see the 2 screenshots below for where to go to grab the field.

Let me know if that fixes the issue on your side - I believe the search runs this way to make it more efficient - you would wait longer if every field search looked at the 400 fields on your Account object along with all the fields on Contact when most of the time you are searching for a field on that “home” object.

Screenshot 1: why you aren’t seeing Customer Info when searching:

Screenshot 2: Searching after opening up the Account ID dropdown to make all the fields on the Account table visible for the Search bar as well:

Userlevel 3
Badge

@sdrostgainsightcom   Thanks Scott, this works!

-JJ