US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 9/10/19 1 p.m. PST - Pre-session Thread

• 9 September 2019
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hello everyone! This thread is for our Tuesday Admin Office Hours session, which will be held Tuesday, Sept. 10, 2019.

Submit your questions below as replies to this post, and we'll address them during our session at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

There is no need to register for the sessions. If you have a question, please post below or join the meeting. I will go in order of posts below or joining the session. Thanks!

Conference Details (GoTo Meeting):

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/493151677

You can also dial in using your phone.

United States: +1 (872) 240-3412

Access Code: 493-151-677

12 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
I had a question about uploading historical usage to an existing table. During our initial implementation we created a usage table that's populated via an S3 ingest job. We recently added a phase 2 for metrics to include in the existing table, which are new columns that have been added to the table. Future data files will map to the new columns, but we are looking to backfill historical data for the new columns as well. In order to backfill historical data for the new metrics, I wanted to check if there is a best way to do this that keeps the existing metrics as is and only updates the new columns with the historical data.

My initial thinking is to create an S3 ingest rule that uses Date and SFDC ID as the unique identifiers, and only map the columns I want to upsert, leaving all other columns I want unchanged as "None." Would this be the best way to accomplish this?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
We need help setting up a sister outreach program to cc: CSMs on communications

Userlevel 1
I am trying to create an outreach master data object that will house all digital outreaches to a customer as well as a snapshot of their scorecard values at that time. I have a question of how to approach merging in the rules engine in an attempt to tie scorecard values (by snapshot date) into the email sent date.

The goal is to have an overview of outreaches that went to customers and the impact on the scorecard that they had over time.

At this time I just merge on Account ID, which grabs the min value for scorecard snapshot (date) and the score at that time gets applied to all outreaches to that account.

Userlevel 1
Nevermind I think I figured it out.

I used Transformations to grab the 'End of Week' date value from the 'Sent Date' and the 'Scorecard Snapshot Date'. Then merged on the transformed values to assign scores to the outreach dates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Yes, that's what I would suggest. I actually made a tutorial on something similar if it would help you. https://community.gainsight.com/conversations/how-to-historically-snapshot-data-to-the-mda-5d28eadae4b00474137fe904

Badge
I'm looking to build a report that shows any customer who's health score dropped from the last week. I attempted to use the "Trend" field in the company object that seems to be capturing this but it doesn't seem quite right. I attached an example of a customer's healthscore snapshots.

Badge +1
When users remove a relationship contact in the UI, they contacts are still being registered as relating to that R360 when they go to use their email to timeline bcc address. (i.e. they're getting emails that the contact exists on R360s so the email saved to draft.) Is there an additional automation / processing we need to do to get them fully "removed" on the backend? I waited for our overnight processing but was still experiencing the same results.

Userlevel 3
Badge
I replied to a post in the Community re: a feature request. The thread was started Jul 30th, is in 'No Status' presently.

https://community.gainsight.com/conversations/cockpit-export-5d404f04e4b00474137ff57c

My question is who will look at this thread from Gainsight? What if anything can I do to get eyes on it?

Thanks.

JJ

Userlevel 1
I have 1 additional question now.

I am trying to pull the most recent response of a survey taken by a specific email. It is a yes or no question, but I only want to have the most recent response in my output table. My issue comes if the survey would go out again (through another cycle) it records 2 sets of responses instead of the most recent one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Jeremy, looping in our Community Manager @lila_meyer for guidance.

Badge +2
Hi Spencer!

I have a report that's doing something funky - the same set of a couple records are returned what seems like every other day. On alternate days when the report is run the records are not returned but should be. The report is checking for an increase in perceived risk in the past week. If none of the target data has changed in the org, why would this be happening?

Badge +2
Hi Spencer,

Just to follow up, I kept a copy of the report we discussed yesterday unchanged, and today it has records and appears to be working. So it worked on 9/6, 9/9, and 9/11 and was not working on 9/10, and 9/8. Any idea why this is happening? When I say not working I mean not returning records that should be captured.