US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 6/16/20 1 p.m. PST - Pre-session Thread

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hello everyone! This thread is for our Tuesday Admin Office Hours session, which will be held Tuesday, June 16, 2020. Submit your questions below as replies to this post, and we'll address them during our session at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

Please note we are using a new conference line. Details are below. There is no need to register for the sessions. If you have a question, please post below or join the meeting. I will go in order of posts below or joining the session. Thanks!

Conference Details (Zoom): 

Join Zoom Meeting

ID: 93972497920
Password: F7msaSQ3

‪(US) +1 877-853-5257‬

‪(IN) +91 0008000401530‬

16 replies

Hello!

I created a report to include in a related list section on the C360. The report is intended to provide a view of other account activity from SFDC from other parts of our organization that create tasks and use the SFDC bcc link to associate emails with the account record. (The report is created off the “Task” data object.) As you can imagine, the initial report was massive so the related list view on the C360 was truncated and didn’t behave like other related list reports I’ve created.

I was told there a 1,000 record limit (can you confirm this is true?) for related list reports so done some extensive filtering in my report and got it down to 740 records. However, now the report won't appear at all in the related list. 

Let me know if you need additional info. I’m totally stuck!

Thanks,

Sharon

I have two questions so far:

1. I was wondering if I could make fields on the Timeline activity type dependant on one another. Say for example field A was filled, I would like field B to show and be required to be filled out
  2. I am using a transformative task in Programs and I would like to know if it is possible to convert a date field to a text. The reason why is because I am trying to use the concatenated function but it only applies to strings.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Placeholder from Amy and Jesus at TR: 

Jesus, login information is above my signature line if you’d like to join tomorrow at 1 PM PT.

Thanks so much, Spencer. My question revolves around best practices and considerations when updating a journey.  We have a number of journeys I need to iterate but without the ability to make holistic changes to each journey you essentially need to create a new one.  This is challenging when customers may be mid-journey as we want them to go through the entire journey and not be entered twice.  To help, here’s a couple examples:

1. Post-implementation, we send tips to newly transitioned administrators.  Nine emails are sent, one each week.  But now we’d like to leverage the new ability to change the CSM/signature line of the email, mid journey.  My understanding is that this can only be done if a conditional wait is attached but here’s how the journey was setup which doesn’t permit, adding a conditional wait.  I’ve only included the first five emails in the screenshot below, but you get the point – we have a lot of people mid-journey.

0?ui=2&ik=95d9dd355d&attid=0.3&permmsgid=msg-f:1669597890001642325&th=172b9a6f5f4a2355&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ9ztwkQEvYI_LkN56511qs32XOTnAuYPqm9fOm5NW3ncHQCT2t90XTYiJyr95J_-SUj-y9lWIJfW7cBPh_9bMZ0l-bNhF3W8vNU_jMxi06DUXny-bf1gILXrnY&disp=emb

1. When new administrators are designated in Tracker, we send a series of emails with training and other resources.  I need to add a third email with another opportunity but this journey can have folks enter at any time and generally have people mid-journey:

0?ui=2&ik=95d9dd355d&attid=0.4&permmsgid=msg-f:1669597890001642325&th=172b9a6f5f4a2355&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ_gJkvDtT3meFlfr1mSG1Igp1vD0k6QMrVcdYj2Ll0Xs8ec3lMJ7dJphh_e1JQqEVz9ObegEFmblswUc8lgOlCf7nUpXAZgIC3aVDxMQV3eREbQ70c8FOoMJR0&disp=emb

Before making changes, I want to be sure I understand what I need to take into consideration to modify successfully and without impacting the client experience.

Another thing I’d like to clarify is whether these office hours only relate to JO or whether we can ask questions about other functionality.  Jesus and I are very curious about best practices for testing and verifying the data pulled when using calculated fields and combining data (merge/transform/etc) generally.  We have not found an efficient way to verify the resulting data to ensure we are on the right track, spending hours setting up basic rules.  Please let me know if there’s another office hour/resource to consult.  Any and all advice is appreciated.

Thanks again,

Badge

Adding MDA as assicated object for GS Relationship reporting on a section on the record

Hi there,

I am unable to make the live office hours bc I have a conflict but I wanted to share a question I have.

We launched our NPS Surveys last month and have already begun to receive a bunch of responses - which is awesome! We have a rule set-up where an NPS response playbook fires if X contact role fills out the survey at the company.

My question for you is - we want to add a step in this rule process where if an executive decision-maker at a company receives the survey and does not fill it out after a week, we want a “personal” email to be sent to that person “from” our VP of Customer Success that explains how customer feedback is very important to us, etc. What do you think is the best way to go about editing that rule, or should we create a new rule on top of that existing rule?

Thank you!

Michelle 

Badge

Hey Spencer, not sure if there is time on the call today but I am trying to launch a Professional Service Survey with Programs.  I just want to send the survey based on when we have completed a PS engagement which is a checkbox in SFDC.  How would I go about doing this through a program?  I also only want the program to have the email sent out and end the program, but there are many other steps that are created that I do not need.  Hoping we can spend some time walking through it or if anyone else has any best practices on sending surveys I would love to hear them….thank you

Badge

Hi Spencer,

During the call today I'd like to explore solutions to categorizing health scores. On our scorecard, we have a measure that is projected renewal %. We want to be able to categorize this as "Confirmed" vs "Estimate". Is there a way we can categorize this in the scorecard? We don’t want to create different measures because we don't need to score these two differently. It's either one or the other. However, we do need a way to distinguish between the two types for reporting purposes. Is there something we can implement to make this work in a way that's easy to use?

Thanks!

Kate

AVG Score
Getting number to 100

Badge

I have a rule which is attempting to pull the most recent activity date from Timeline however, if there is more than 1 entry on a given day, the rule is pulling both. As the timestamp is in place, I assumed that it would

@vmoore  You need to bring in the activity ID as well, and do a MAX of that.

Badge

Thanks Ricardo, I thought the same thing but the issue persists.

@vmoore  I will be on, the later half of the call, I can show you what I did.

@spencer_engel i wasn’t able to join today! do you think you can still take a look at my question? If you are unable when is the next session i can register for? 

Question: I have a report off the activity timeline data space (screenshot below) and i am simply trying to put it on a dashboard and add a global filter for ‘Customer Success Manager Name’, so that via the global filter a CSM can look at their data. In the screenshot attached report #1 and #2 are off the data space (call to action), and i had no issue locating ‘customer success manager name’ to map the field for these reports. However for this report (#3) in the screenshot ‘customer success manager name’ is not available in the search to map. I’m wondering if that is because it is off the activity timeline object? is there a way i can add ‘customer success manager name’ here to select?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@spencer_engel i wasn’t able to join today! do you think you can still take a look at my question? If you are unable when is the next session i can register for? 

Question: I have a report off the activity timeline data space (screenshot below) and i am simply trying to put it on a dashboard and add a global filter for ‘Customer Success Manager Name’, so that via the global filter a CSM can look at their data. In the screenshot attached report #1 and #2 are off the data space (call to action), and i had no issue locating ‘customer success manager name’ to map the field for these reports. However for this report (#3) in the screenshot ‘customer success manager name’ is not available in the search to map. I’m wondering if that is because it is off the activity timeline object? is there a way i can add ‘customer success manager name’ here to select?

Hi Sheila - The Timeline object is on MDA, so you need to grab “Name” from the CSM lookup there in your screenshot.

Badge +2

Hi @spencer_engel , will you be hosting an office hours today? I didn’t see a post on the community. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @spencer_engel , will you be hosting an office hours today? I didn’t see a post on the community. Thanks!

Hi @ml2019 - the thread is up now: https://community.gainsight.com/events-office-hours-8/us-admin-office-hours-tuesday-session-06-23-20-1-p-m-pt-pre-session-thread-38444