US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 4/7/20 1 p.m. PST - Special Announcement

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi everyone -

This Tuesday, we are continuing our 1:Many series of topic-specific Admin Office hours. The topic for our regularly scheduled Tuesday at 1 p.m. PT Office Hours on 4/7 will be Tips on How to Use Gainsight Analyzer.

I will spend the first 15-20 minutes going through a demo of this powerful tool and then will open it up to questions from the attendees. We’ll be doing similar 1:Many content for future Admin Office Hours sessions too but will also still have our normal general Q&A format at least once a week, so that’s not going away either.

If you have any questions ahead of time, please go ahead and type them below in the comments section as usual. During the webinar, don’t hesitate to chime in at any point, and please introduce yourself and your company when you do so. Thanks in advance!

We ask that you please register for this session using this link, and we look forward to seeing you there!

15 replies

Hi Spencer,

I am attempting to do some house keeping around our CTA types / Reasons as well as our Timeline categories.  During our initial development, we built out all of our CTAs and Timelines to be global, and visible from all customers / relationships.  

I would like to modify this and segment things out in a more organized fashion, for instance, when creating a ‘Risk’ type CTA, I’d like only reasons for risk to be visible, not lifecycle reasons, notification reasons, etc.  

I am seeing an error log when trying to delete existing global types / categories and am unsure where to specifically make the corrections to allow these housekeeping changes.

I’d love to get some help so I can clean things up and make a better experience for my users.

-Steven

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Spencer,

I am attempting to do some house keeping around our CTA types / Reasons as well as our Timeline categories.  During our initial development, we built out all of our CTAs and Timelines to be global, and visible from all customers / relationships.  

I would like to modify this and segment things out in a more organized fashion, for instance, when creating a ‘Risk’ type CTA, I’d like only reasons for risk to be visible, not lifecycle reasons, notification reasons, etc.  

I am seeing an error log when trying to delete existing global types / categories and am unsure where to specifically make the corrections to allow these housekeeping changes.

I’d love to get some help so I can clean things up and make a better experience for my users.

-Steven

Hi @srkardel - there isn’t a great way to do this in Gainsight as of today without kind of blowing up what you currently have. There’s a pretty lively thread on this here, which I encourage you to upvote and comment on: https://community.gainsight.com/cs-ideas-21/ability-to-change-cta-types-and-reasons-1788

Userlevel 3
Badge

Spencer,

We are not currently using the Connectors 2.0 sync job between SFDC Contact and GS Company_Person.  I’m not clear why that is. 

I’ve been reviewing documentation and community posts about it, and came across your thread and video about Person/Company Person load. 

https://community.gainsight.com/data-management-integrations-12/benefits-and-admin-tips-for-using-gainsight-s-person-model-32963

My questions are: 

1. Are we missing out by not using Company_Person sync?  Any idea why we wouldn’t have chosen to enable that job when we first onboarded GS in our org?  (I realize this calls for total speculation on your part!).
  2. The video outlines using Rules Engine to load to Company_Person from Contact.  What are the pros-cons of doing it that way vs the Contact - Company_Person sync in Connectors 2.0?

Questions about dropping reports in Journey Orchestrator.
Can we build dynamic reports. 

Badge

Hi Spencer, I’m working on automated CTA and am having difficulty mapping the CTA Owner.

Userlevel 3
Badge

One more, time permitting.  I created several Custom multi-select drop-down Categories.  I’m unable to bring them in to the Activity Type layout where they are needed.

Hi Spencer,

-Steven

Hi @srkardel - there isn’t a great way to do this in Gainsight as of today without kind of blowing up what you currently have. There’s a pretty lively thread on this here, which I encourage you to upvote and comment on: https://community.gainsight.com/cs-ideas-21/ability-to-change-cta-types-and-reasons-1788

Hey Spencer,

I can understand that deleting reasons / types would make CTA data out of date, but is there a way to just deactivate the CTA reasons?  I basically just want to reformat the reason types that are selectable by the CSMs when they create Manual CTAs.  With things that are already created I would just leave, just want to modify how the ‘create CTA’ menu is being shown to CSMs.

I just recently created a reason type which I have verified has never been created, and am now unable to disable / delete it.  I get a message that says the ‘Rules actions are unable to be searched’ even though the specific type + reason combination is not implemented in any rule.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

-Steven

Userlevel 3
Badge

One more, time permitting.  I created several Custom multi-select drop-down Categories.  I’m unable to bring them in to the Activity Type layout where they are needed. 

Are multi-select lists not supported as fields in the Activity Timeline Layout?  That seems to be the difference in categories I can view vs those I can’t when trying to add them.

D

D

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to attend the Analyzer webinar yesterday! Here is the recording. I believe you should also get a follow-up email from GoToWebinar today too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@pele Per our discussion yesterday on Office Hours, I found this Community Post that would be worth you adding your comments to and upvoting: https://community.gainsight.com/cs-ideas-21/option-to-notify-if-0-results-success-for-rules-engine-3332

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @jeremy_johnston - I’ll try to answer both your questions here. 

1. Hard to say why that contact to person setup wasn’t done, but I would encourage you to set that up. Having the Company Person object populated is a pre-req for quite a few Gainsight features now, such as sharing success plans, dashboards, and bcc to timeline. And yes, you can certainly use the SFDC connector. I don’t think the SFDC connector was quite rolled out yet when I made that tutorial. 
  2. Multi-select dropdown fields are not available for use in Timeline as of today. There’s a Community post on this that I encourage you to check out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Spencer,

-Steven

Hi @srkardel - there isn’t a great way to do this in Gainsight as of today without kind of blowing up what you currently have. There’s a pretty lively thread on this here, which I encourage you to upvote and comment on: https://community.gainsight.com/cs-ideas-21/ability-to-change-cta-types-and-reasons-1788

Hey Spencer,

I can understand that deleting reasons / types would make CTA data out of date, but is there a way to just deactivate the CTA reasons?  I basically just want to reformat the reason types that are selectable by the CSMs when they create Manual CTAs.  With things that are already created I would just leave, just want to modify how the ‘create CTA’ menu is being shown to CSMs.

I just recently created a reason type which I have verified has never been created, and am now unable to disable / delete it.  I get a message that says the ‘Rules actions are unable to be searched’ even though the specific type + reason combination is not implemented in any rule.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

-Steven

Hi @srkardel - that’s an interesting one. To my knowledge, you should be able to delete that reason without a problem. Can you open a support ticket to have them look into it?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@spencer_engel  thanks for your replies on both questions.  I’m all set!

JJ

Userlevel 3
Badge

@spencer_engel  I figured out that we are using Rules Engine / Load to Company Person instead of the Connectors 2.0 Contact - Company Person sync, so that answers the ‘why aren’t we using Connectors’ question.

Do you recommend we transition over to use sync via Connectors 2.0 or continue using the Rules Engine approach?

Thanks!

JJ

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@spencer_engel  I figured out that we are using Rules Engine / Load to Company Person instead of the Connectors 2.0 Contact - Company Person sync, so that answers the ‘why aren’t we using Connectors’ question.

Do you recommend we transition over to use sync via Connectors 2.0 or continue using the Rules Engine approach?

Thanks!

JJ

Similar to bringing customers in, it depends on how straightforward your criteria is. The Connectors 2.0 job is the way to go if you just require some simple filtering to bring in the data, but if it’s much more complicated that (pulling in multiple objects, doing transformations, etc.) then you’ll want to stick with the Rules Engine.