US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 3/10/20 1 p.m. PST - Pre-session Thread

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hello everyone! This thread is for our Tuesday Admin Office Hours session, which will be held Tuesday, March 10, 2020. Submit your questions below as replies to this post, and we'll address them during our session at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

There is no need to register for the sessions. If you have a question, please post below or join the meeting. I will go in order of posts below or joining the session. Thanks!

Conference Details (GoTo Meeting):

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/493151677

You can also dial in using your phone.

United States: +1 (872) 240-3412

Access Code: 493-151-677

14 replies

We are looking for a way to set due dates in Rules Engine in relation to another field instead of based on +/- run date.

Context: We regularly create Renewal CTA’s in Rules Engine and we want to have the Due Date = Renewal Date.

Hey Spencer!

Our Leadership team is wanting reporting based upon our yearly/quarterly goals.  What is the best practice/solution in GS for this? How are your other customers inputting and displaying their ever changing progress toward goals?

Our Vision: We want an area for our management to place these goal #s and then we would have a dashboard with widgets and reports that would show how our metrics are performing using calculations. The data would show % to goal or $ away from goal.

Badge +3

Hey Spencer– hoping you could help me with a Surveys 2.0 bit. Previously, if I had a survey tool with a Salesforce connector, I could sync responses to the SFDC object NPSSurvey Response. Wondering how one could go about syncing responses to Gainsight from a 3rd party survey vendor (If other than the SurveyMonkey connector that exists for Gainsight). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hey Spencer!

Our Leadership team is wanting reporting based upon our yearly/quarterly goals.  What is the best practice/solution in GS for this? How are your other customers inputting and displaying their ever changing progress toward goals?

Our Vision: We want an area for our management to place these goal #s and then we would have a dashboard with widgets and reports that would show how our metrics are performing using calculations. The data would show % to goal or $ away from goal.

Hi @vinh5 we still don't have a good out-of-box place to store goals of any kind - at least not aggregated goals (ARR for the "Enterprise" segment, % Gross Renewals across all customer base, etc.).
It would have to be loaded via CSV into a new MDA object - create lookup FROM Company to the object (on Segment, perhaps?)

If there's just one set of goals for the entire customer base, you could to add a field to Company named FY Goals or something and populate every record with the same value that looks up to the single row in the "Goals" object. Let me know if this helps. Happy to brainstorm more in person tomorrow. FYI @meenal_shukla 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

This may look like a hack but will this below solution work:

1. Create a dummy GS account
  2. Create a low volume object that allows in-line editing.
  3. Bring this information at the portfolio level dashboards where the execs can specify goals by editing these low volume objects.
  4. Create a snapshot of this at the end of quarter to note how the team performed as opposed to the goals?
Badge +2

Hi Spencer, 

Have a question on a JO program

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I have a question on calculated fields in program and the field types that can be referenced.

Badge

Creating a report on Customer CTAs and relationships CTA’s in an MDA object

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Regarding the Scorecard Timeline Feature that will go live on 3/20 -

1. Currently each of our measures have comments that contain additional data that can be referenced along with the scorecard color. Will this data still be visible in the new view? Where will can that data be seen in the new view?
  2. The documentation states that comments will be posted to Timeline as Updates each week for each measure? We have 15 different measures and a timeline post for each measure each week will make Timeline very busy.
  3. Additionally if this feature is posting updates to Timeline using the “Update” activity type and we are already using that activity type for something else, should we discontinue using the standard update activity type and/or change to a different activity type to avoid confusion between the different Timeline activity types.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2

CTA Auto Close when all Tasks are Closed Out -

I was working with a CSM on a CTA and we discovered that closing out all of the tasks in a playbook no longer closes out the CTA. It’s a challenge for the CSM because it’s extra work/clicks to close the final task of a playbook AND close out the CTA. It’s strange because I thought it used to be different. Any thoughts on how to enable this or a workaround?

Hi Spencer, I wasn’t able to join today, are there office hours for this Thur? I didn’t see a pre-post thread. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@shiela_kern Thursday’s session will be at 11 a.m. PDT. @sdrostgainsightcom will be posting the thread soon.

Hi Spencer, I wasn’t able to join today, are there office hours for this Thur? I didn’t see a pre-post thread. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

1. Currently each of our measures have comments that contain additional data that can be referenced along with the scorecard color. Will this data still be visible in the new view? Where will can that data be seen in the new view?
  2. The documentation states that comments will be posted to Timeline as Updates each week for each measure? We have 15 different measures and a timeline post for each measure each week will make Timeline very busy.
  3. Additionally if this feature is posting updates to Timeline using the “Update” activity type and we are already using that activity type for something else, should we discontinue using the standard update activity type and/or change to a different activity type to avoid confusion between the different Timeline activity types.

@spencer_engel After reading through the documentation, I found this:

• “Scorecard activities that are created by a rule can only be found in the Scorecard section. These activities are not displayed on the global Timeline or C/R 360 Timeline.”

If this is true, I think we’re in good shape on #2 and #3 of my post. Thank you for your help today and especially pulling up the demo account and showing what these entries will look like! That was something that was really missing from the documentation!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@spencer_engelAfter reading through the documentation, I found this:

• “Scorecard activities that are created by a rule can only be found in the Scorecard section. These activities are not displayed on the global Timeline or C/R 360 Timeline.”

If this is true, I think we’re in good shape on #2 and #3 of my post. Thank you for your help today and especially pulling up the demo account and showing what these entries will look like! That was something that was really missing from the documentation!

@jessica_owens Glad to hear! FYI @lila_meyer for feedback on scorecard timeline documentation feedback.