US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 12/16/21 - 1 pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 10 December 2021
  • 12 replies

Badge +6

Hello everyone!

This thread is for today’s Tuesday Admin Office Hours session, Tuesday, December 16, 2021 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Join Zoom Meeting
https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/97973795113?pwd=RXBFZmtkZk1zWmNFKzhadm50SXB3UT09

Meeting ID: 979 7379 5113
Passcode: 911517
One tap mobile
+16468769923,,97973795113#,,,,*911517# US (New York)
+13017158592,,97973795113#,,,,*911517# US (Washington DC)

12 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello Kendra,

The data for our current csat survey (with one NPS question) is stored into MIG-CSAT 2.0-Flattened-SUR-00015.

We want to start a new CSAT survey in January 2022 with the same NPS question but only one separate text question (so 2 question total). I realize that this will create a different MIG (flattened) data object.

1. Will NPS results from both surveys be visible in the NPS 2.0 tab without us having to do anything special?
  2. Would we be able to bring in records for the last 2 years (say starting 1/1/2020) into the new MIG data object? (only data from the 2 questions from the new survey, of course).

Thanks!
Lyne

Badge +1

Hi Kendra, 

I’ve been able to successfully load GS information to SFDC objects (tasks and account) via a rule, however SF reflects the updates as being made by “Gainsight Service Account.” My goal is to have the history reflect a specific user (the CSM who made the update that is being loaded to SF) instead of “Gainsight Service Account.” 

What is the best way to make this happen?

See the image below: I’d like the blue “Gainsight Service Account’ to show my name instead. 

Looking forward to talking this through next week!

Rita

Hi Kendra,

I have a question about:

• The Associated Record and how to report on it.
  • How scorecards write over existing scorecards.
Badge

Hi Kendra, 

Have a question regarding a Snowflake Connection that I created and brining the data in. 

Hello! Can documents/screenshots be stored in Gainsight and associated with Playbooks? If so, can we review how to do this? 

Is there a work-around for the Gainsight email plugin? Potentially an address our CSMs could BCC?

Adding a third question:

Also, I have a question about merge accounts. Recently one of our SFDC account got accidently merged. This also deleted the timeline/company page. We just restored the SFDC account using one of our backup files. How can we also restore the previous timeline/company page?

Badge +2

Hi Kendra,  how do you add Owner Field value to a CTA when creating within an email campaign and using a CSV file? I’m not able to get any values to select in the Owner field.

Badge +2

Looks like adding a custom field using the external ID type and adding the user GSID or SFDC User ID did it.

Badge +6

Looks like adding a custom field using the external ID type and adding the user GSID or SFDC User ID did it.

Great, glad you figured that one out! They system always needs an ID so it can pull the proper records from User tables, etc. Let me know if you need any additional support!

Hey Kendra,

I’d like to update the CTA status to Work In Progress when the first task is complete. I understand this needs to be done via API rather than rules, but I’m not experienced enough with APIs to build this. I’d appreciate some guidance! 

Badge

Hi Kendra,

I created a low volume custom object that has data from Salesforce. I want users to be able to edit this data directly in Gainsight and use a rule to push the data back to Salesforce. According to the documentation, a low volume object allows data edits however, the only way that data appears to be editable is in Data Operations (admin-access only). Can you confirm that this is true? Also, is there a way to remove the Add button for the table on C360 or at a minimum customize which fields appear in the add view?

Badge

Is anyone else receiving a note that the meeting was scheduled for 12/14?