US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 12/06/22 - 1 pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 6 December 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for today’s Tuesday Admin Office Hours session on Tuesday, December 12, 2022 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Tuesday,  December 12, 2022 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/96519250125?pwd=cHJoZkhMQ3ZDNU11bjZYaUV2dlhWQT09

Meeting ID: 965 1925 0125

Password: 492558

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/ackBgrl8Vo

8 replies

Hi Scott,

I have 2 questions

1. We are planning to launch a new NPS survey in January and would like to import survey results from a couple of other sources into the system. The new survey is active in Gainsight but doesn’t appear under the Import option. I’d like to know if there is something that I’m missing?
  2. Exporting Timeline data to csv via a Rule to the Amazon S3 site shows html in the notes (even though exclude HTML is checked). Is there a way around this? It doesn’t occur when downloading a file but automation is needed in this case.
Badge

Hi Scott,

Hope you are feeling better.

I have a question about linked fields in success plans. Maybe I’m using them wrong and what I want to accomplish maybe isn’t possible. I have an object that stores information from Salesforce that will get refreshed periodically. I have a field on the success plan and have it pointing to the field on the object not storing the static value in the success plan object. I would expect to see the value from the other object, but I don’t, and have it dynamic so that when the value is updated on the object the Success Plan will have the new value showing. Hope that all makes sense.

Thanks

Badge

Hi Scott, 

I have couple of questions about a JO that I am working on. 

Also a question related to user management. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Scott,

I have a rule COPY of [v2] Admin: Load to Gainsight Object (Account Support Team Member) that needs to be updated to do the following:

1. Delete a record in GS if it is deleted in SF
  2. Add a filter to only consider records edited or created since the rule last ran.

I’m not sure how to do 1 and would like you review of how I want to accomplish 2. 

Also, my communications team wants to be able to send an email from the CEO using a corporate email address.  How do I use that kind of address in a JO program?

Thanks,

Rhonda

Hey Scott,

Hope you’re feeling better! Have a quick question about an activity timeline rule i’m working on, might be over thinking it but need a quick eye. Thanks man!

Badge

Hey Scott - 2 questions. Need help with Home ribbon and CTA fields.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Will there be Office Hours this afternoon?  I did not see a thread.  Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Just got the new thread posted @angela_domenichelli -- link is below.  See you there hopefully!