US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 11/01/22 - 1 pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET - Pre-session Thread

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everybody and happy November!

This thread is for our upcoming Tuesday Admin Office Hours session on Tuesday, November 1, 2022 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Tuesday,  November 1, 2022 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/96519250125?pwd=cHJoZkhMQ3ZDNU11bjZYaUV2dlhWQT09

Meeting ID: 965 1925 0125

Password: 492558

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/ackBgrl8Vo

10 replies

Badge

Hi Scott,

Is there a way to trigger a Bionic Rule from a Real-Time Rule? Or some way to trigger the following (that is not bound to the constraints of a 2 hr rule cadence):

• When a CTA status changes OR the CTA closes, I want to be able to trigger an External Action that creates a very specific SP

Problem: There is a series of rules that have to run in order for the user to begin working on said Success Plan. If I could eliminate a rule by some sort of Real-time mechanism, that would save time for the users.

Thanks,

David

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Scott,

I have a duplicate contact issue that I’d like your input on how to address.

Thanks,

Rhonda

Badge

Hi Scott,

I’ve made changes to the home page configuration and published them, but the users are not seeing the changes. Should the change not automatically propagate to the users?

Thanks,

Sean

Badge

Hi Scott - I have a question about Measures if you have time!

Thanks! Melissa

Hi @sdrostgainsightcom, unfortunately I was not able to join today. Are these office hours sessions recorded? Thanks Doug

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @DougCaviness -- we don’t share office hour recordings, as Admins are often sharing their screens as we troubleshoot or walk through a solution, meaning sometimes some of their customer data appears on the screen when viewing preview queries, etc.  We want everybody to be comfortable digging into an issue during these sessions.

Was there a particular question you were interested in hearing about from the above thread? I might be able to point you to some good resource - or if not, just subscribe to this forum and you’ll get notified as I post the threads for each session 2x per week!

Best,

Scott

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Haven’t forgotten about the “triggering a rule flow via External Actions-->Events” that we went over @bytor104 -- ended up in an internal discussion about it after throwing what was supposed to be a simple question out there (happens to all of us) -- but I’ll get it posted here for you sometime tomorrow!

Scott

Badge

@sdrostgainsightcom How is this solution coming along? Thanks for your help!

Badge

Hi Scott,

I have a question about having an activity timeline field from the company object report on the latest activity.

Badge

Hi Scott,

This is for triggering a rule flow via External Actions-->Events” that we went over @bytor104 - just briefly following up if you had gotten a chance to evaluate this from you end and draft a response?

Thank you

Anil