US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 10/04/22 - 1 pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 4 October 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Tuesday Admin Office Hours session on Tuesday, October 4, 2022 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Tuesday,  October 4, 2022 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/96519250125?pwd=cHJoZkhMQ3ZDNU11bjZYaUV2dlhWQT09

Meeting ID: 965 1925 0125

Password: 492558

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/ackBgrl8Vo

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Scott,

I have a couple of quick questions.

1. We want to stop scoring accounts that have no RM assigned and want to clear the past scores on those accounts. How would I do that?

2. I have a bar graph in a report that doesn’t display well due to the large difference in values.  Wondering if there is a way to adjust for that. 

Thanks,

Rhonda

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello Scott,

I am back with some Salesforce Connector questions...

We were finally able to get the GS Task ID added to our Salesforce Activity object, so I wanted to talk with you about how the Task > Task Field Mapping checkboxes for Auto Sync and Bi-Directional Sync work and how I should go about testing to see if it is happening properly.

I also have an Integration job setup for the Timeline object to bring Salesforce Tasks and Events over to Gainsight to the Timeline. I am finding that when an edit is made to a Salesforce Event that has been brought to Gainsight as a Timeline item, it gets overwritten each day with the original item coming from Salesforce. Is there a way to set it up so that edits made in Gainsight are not overwritten?

Thanks!

Travis Morgan

Badge

Hi Scott,

I am looking for a way to merge both the AO Emails and Email Raw Events objects on email identifiers. I am able to join Email Raw Events to Email Logs V2 but not AO Emails. As a workaround, I have created a custom unique identifier with a Concatenate on both the AO Emails and Email Log V2 objects.

This may be the only way to do what I am trying to accomplish, but wanted your insight.

Thanks,

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Only API
To Send Slack User Message,
Why no other way?

Badge

Hey Scott - Just want to know how I can export CTA data to my Business Intelligence team. 

Hi Scott,

We have the following questions on Success Plan Snapshots:

• How to keep slide background design flowing through to success plan slides? When I add the image, it shows in front of the text. If I don’t add the image, the slides are unbranded.
  • The initial materials I read directed me to use the upper left drop down; a video I later watched said to use tokens. I could not find objective/task tokens that weren’t specifically CTA count type tokens. Which are correct?
    • Need at minimum: Objectives, tasks, associated persons, due dates
    • Run report and confirm field names in the report – try to type those into success snapshot. Still not finding these accurately.
  • Do templates always have to be set up separately for customer/relationship, or can I do one for both?
  • Can the success plan drop down be expanded? Not clear that there’s a scroll option.
  • Best practices for these success plan exports? How do companies like us use this well?

Thanks,

Josie

Badge

Hi Scott,

I’m wondering how best to approach visualizing many T/F (or 0/1) columns of data. We have many product features that we want to track whether or not the customer has them enabled, but struggling with the best way to capture the data in a way that is easily consumable for our CSMs. Currently, the report is formatted into a simple table and is used in a C360 section.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Only API
To Send Slack User Message,
Why no other way?

For Now, You are Stuck

Next Quarter It Might Come Out.

Enhancement Request.

Badge

Hi Scott,

I am looking for a way to merge both the AO Emails and Email Raw Events objects on email identifiers. I am able to join Email Raw Events to Email Logs V2 but not AO Emails. As a workaround, I have created a custom unique identifier with a Concatenate on both the AO Emails and Email Log V2 objects.

This may be the only way to do what I am trying to accomplish, but wanted your insight.

Thanks,

David

@sdrostgainsightcom It does not appear that there is a common identifier for email to email between the objects.