US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 09/20/22 - 1 pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 20 September 2022
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Tuesday Admin Office Hours session today, Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Tuesday,  September 20, 2022 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/95579728548?pwd=UGRNbnlmK2MrMFJDV3BNRzlTeERwQT09

Meeting ID: 955 7972 8548

Password: 457364

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/a3hcfBNC2

12 replies

Hi Scott,

I can use some assistance making a decision on whether to use a calculated field, numeric expression or period over period comparison.

Badge +1

Hi Scott - looking to understand if there’s a way to de-select items from a multiselect picklist via rules engine. We have a rule that updates a multiselect field in the contact record if someone’s submitted a support ticket for a specific product but I want to deselect that product if they haven’t submitted a ticket in 6+ months. I’m having trouble figuring out how I would assign a null value to that field or if I need to move away from multi-select type.

Badge

Hi Scott, 

I was doing more testing on the rule that we looked at last week and found more evidence that the actions in the rule are updating the same records, looking to see if there is a way to prevent that.

Also a question about the best way to report on CTA that were assigned to the default owner Gainsight Integration user and then picked up by a CSM. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Scott,

I have created a rule to populate a GS only field based on the count of records for a field in SF called Risk Level.  The first action to populate the field seems to be working well.  I do not have a good way to test the second action that will clear the field when the Risk Level is resolved.  I would like you to review the logic I have used for the second action.

Thanks,

Rhonda

Badge

Hi Scott - I am making some field changes to the feed from SF to GS as well as to the Rule that pushes Scorecard data back to Salesforce and would appreciate your help and review of the work I’ve done so far.

Thanks! Melissa

Userlevel 3
Badge

Scott, I’m looking for suggestions on how/if we can filter Global Search and other search result areas in Gainsight to reduce the volume of results we get back.  Our CSMs see Active results, Inactive results, Companies with the same name, etc.  and it makes it difficult to know which record is the correct one to select.

Thx.

JJ

Badge +3

Hello-I will be joining for some help on building a data designer report to match a SFDC report. 

Hey Scott, 

Hoping to get some more information on Calculated fields in Journey Orch, I have a use case in mind that I need assistance with. Thanks!

Badge +2

Quick question --- I am working on a digital QBR email program. Is it possible to configure a timeline activity to be logged after each QBR email sends? I don’t want to email program to be logged as an email rather a QBR activity. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I have a Survey Journey Orchestrator where I need to follow-up email to be sent only when a calculated field condition is met, or a different version of the email is sent using the calculated field.  However, it does not seem to work out of the box for me to use that criteria.  Is there another work-around I can use to determine if / which email template to send based on real-time data at the time of follow-up?  Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @jeremy_johnston -- sorry we couldn’t get to your questions there at the end, but I can at least give you some useful info here to pursue between now and Thursday:

• For Company Global Search (used when you type a Company name into the search bar up at the top of the Gainsight app, or search for a Company when creating a Timeline entry from Global Timeline or in a CTA that you create from the general Cockpit), there is NOT a way for the Admin to limit to, say, Active Status only in the returned results.
  • HOWEVER, with a support ticket, you can ask for filters to be added to the Global Search for Company records:
    • The simplest filters - Status = Active, or for a picklist like Type, = Customer or Type = Partner, work well if inactive/prospect records in Company are cluttering searches.
    • Note that you cannot use operators that can’t run an indexed search - hence having to ask for the 3 types you WANT, rather than a single type you want to exclude (i.e. can’t request “Type != NonCustomer”) - pretty sure “Contains” isn’t allowed either.
    • I’ve got an ask in for add’l details re: what’s possible for these back-end requests and what isn’t, as well as searching for Admin-driven ability to do this might be in backlog.
    • Also, performance on the search begins to suffer pretty quickly when more than a couple of filters are added, so there’s definitely a balance.
  • ALSO (and you probably already do this) you can configure the global search to show more columns, so adding “Type” or “CSM Name” or something might help them more quickly find the one they are looking for.

This doesn’t affect Dashboards, obviously - you’d have to add a Global Dash Filter for, say Active companies only and lock it, but with locked filters, it can work pretty well.

Let me know if you have any immediate followup questions here, or if not, we’ll talk Thursday!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks Scott, I wasn’t aware of the option to request a filter for Global Search, that’ll be a great start for us.  I’ll get that request in today.

When you get more detail around those addt’l details I’d love to see them too.

Appreciate the detailed follow-up!

-JJ

Hello @jeremy_johnston -- sorry we couldn’t get to your questions there at the end, but I can at least give you some useful info here to pursue between now and Thursday:

• For Company Global Search (used when you type a Company name into the search bar up at the top of the Gainsight app, or search for a Company when creating a Timeline entry from Global Timeline or in a CTA that you create from the general Cockpit), there is NOT a way for the Admin to limit to, say, Active Status only in the returned results.
  • HOWEVER, with a support ticket, you can ask for filters to be added to the Global Search for Company records:
    • The simplest filters - Status = Active, or for a picklist like Type, = Customer or Type = Partner, work well if inactive/prospect records in Company are cluttering searches.
    • Note that you cannot use operators that can’t run an indexed search - hence having to ask for the 3 types you WANT, rather than a single type you want to exclude (i.e. can’t request “Type != NonCustomer”) - pretty sure “Contains” isn’t allowed either.
    • I’ve got an ask in for add’l details re: what’s possible for these back-end requests and what isn’t, as well as searching for Admin-driven ability to do this might be in backlog.
    • Also, performance on the search begins to suffer pretty quickly when more than a couple of filters are added, so there’s definitely a balance.
  • ALSO (and you probably already do this) you can configure the global search to show more columns, so adding “Type” or “CSM Name” or something might help them more quickly find the one they are looking for.

This doesn’t affect Dashboards, obviously - you’d have to add a Global Dash Filter for, say Active companies only and lock it, but with locked filters, it can work pretty well.

Let me know if you have any immediate followup questions here, or if not, we’ll talk Thursday!