US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 09/13/22 - 1 pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 13 September 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our today’s Tuesday Admin Office Hours session, Tuesday, September 13, 2022 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Tuesday,  September 13, 2022 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/95579728548?pwd=UGRNbnlmK2MrMFJDV3BNRzlTeERwQT09

Meeting ID: 955 7972 8548

Password: 457364

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/a3hcfBNC2

10 replies

Hi Scott,

We are planning to use Gainsight’s NPS functionality this fall and would like to import older results into the table. We’re currently ingesting old NPS data into a custom database but we’d like to import the old NPS survey data into NPS analytics to have 1 place for visualizations. While I see an import option, our previous NPS survey had additional questions that we would like to be able to report on. I’m interested in knowing

1. If there is a way to combine old and new NPS data even if the questions differ?
  2. How I’ll be able to access custom NPS questions? i.e. Are flattened objects created for NPS surveys?
Badge

Hi Scott - I would like to look at how I would create a CTA based on criteria in a spread sheet vs pulling in a data set for a 1 time trigger.

Thanks! Melissa

Badge

Hi Scott, 

Need some help troubleshooting a rule to update a new field from SFDC. 

Also wanted to discuss a good way to manually capture data in a field on R360. 

Have some questions on my NPS participant pool and gong plug-in. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @Veronica.Moore -- unfortunately, you can only import the NPS question/answer and any associated comments with the “Import NPS Survey Data” tool - it does not allow for additional custom questions (and if those questions differ from your new survey, even using Gainsight for everything would put those questions in different flattened objects).

I would probably recommend loading the NPS responses as you’ve already found you can do, and leaving the other answers in the custom object where you have them.

You can then use Data Designer to report on all the NPS and associated questions across the board until those old survey responses are no longer relevant.

Hope that helps! Feel free to jump on the session this afternoon with follow-up questions - just wanted to give you a quick heads-up while I had a moment!

Scott

Badge

Hey Scott - Need help setting up that field tracker you outlined the other day.

I did most of the rule set up. Just want to make sure I did it right. Also, want to know how I can add timeline entries along with scorecard history. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @mknowles -- I’ve att’d a PDF with screenshots and steps for next steps now that you got your data loaded into the 1-off object to create CTAs! (originally put it all here in the reply, but that exceeded size limit for a reply, so copy/pasted to a doc and saved back out).

Let me know if it works!

Scott

Badge

Thanks @sdrostgainsightcom ! I’ll review and if I have any questions, I’ll jump on Office Hours Thursday! :-) 

Badge

@sdrostgainsightcom Thank you for the step by step PDF, it was super helpful. I’m all set with the custom object, now I’m working on the Rule. I’ve pulled in the correct fields on the custom object through a data set however I’m not sure if I need a secondary data set? I’ll plan to join office hours tomorrow so we can work on the Rule.

Thanks, Melissa

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @mknowles -- to create CTAs, you need 2 more Company data points that you can get from this 1 task you’ve started: from the same place you’ve pulled the Full Name of the CXM (I’m guessing that’s what the field is that you brought in based on screenshot), you need:

• GSID field from Company - that’s how the Create CTA action knows which Company to create the action for, and
  • The User ID of the CXM (again, I’m guessing that this is an assigned CSM-type user) - just pull in the CXM lookup field to “Show” and it will be available on the Create CTA action in the “Assign To” dropdown.

Hope that helps - see you tomorrow!