US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 09/06/22 - 1 pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 6 September 2022
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Tuesday Admin Office Hours session today, Tuesday, September 6, 2022 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Tuesday,  September 6, 2022 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/95579728548?pwd=UGRNbnlmK2MrMFJDV3BNRzlTeERwQT09

Meeting ID: 955 7972 8548

Password: 457364

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/a3hcfBNC2

17 replies

Badge

Hi Scott! I would like for you to review the health score transform I set up from our call last Thursday. 

Thanks! Melissa

Hi Scott! I have some follow up NPS questions as we are looking to jump into our last wave of surveys to launch. 

Is there a way to categorize Calls and Meetings? Add labels to Meetings? We are looking to find a way to see quantify how much proactive versus reactive communication a CSL has with their book of business. 

Since you can’t add formula fields to reports on SFDC objects, is there a good way to roll up durations that are stored in hours to days? We have several reports we want to do on case resolution time in days, and I know how to change the units in Salesforce, but not in Gainsight. 

Badge

Hey Scott - I need help using the Data Designer Pivot function. I would like to display the Snapshot scores from my Relationship scorecard underneath their corresponding snapshot date. Don’t know if I can use it this way but that would help tremendously in displaying the historical score data.

Also, I need that info on field tracking today if possible.

Best,

Alex

Badge

Hi Scott,

I’ve created a Product Subscriptions object to capture subscriptions in SFDC CPQ since customers can have multiple contracts and multiple subscriptions simultaneously.

Where I’m stuck is how best to tie the Subscriptions data to the Company, so I can set up the rule action and pull the data in.

From there, I’d like to pull a Product Subscriptions tab into C360 (not sure if I can add a lookup for that since it won’t be in the Company object).

If there’s time, our CSMs update a manual health sentiment field on a weekly cadence and we would like to see the WoW/MoM trends on that specific field. I think a snapshot rule needs to be set up to log that but could use a refresher there :)

Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Scott,

I have a GS only field on the company record that is a concatenation of 2 SF account fields.   I have found the only rule that field is associated with using the Analyzer, but I don’t understand where in the rule the concatenation is happening and then populating the field in the MDA.   

Thanks,

Rhonda

Hi Scott,

We are in need of creating a non-anonymous survey for internal users. Creating a simple program where the Type = User doesn’t allow us to use a Survey email template and creating an advanced program doesn’t display survey options when the Type = User. Please advise.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

For @ACT (and any others interested in building a Field Change Tracker in Gainsight) - the attached PDF walks through an example I’ve built in my test org to track changes to Customer Stage on my Company Object.

It isn’t a polished document, but it walks you through setting up the Field Tracker object (which you would use for any other fields you wanted to track changes to as well).

Alex, reach out to me via DM if you want access to my test org for a couple days so you can look at the setup!

Badge

TY Scott:) Will get started on this.

Badge

@sdrostgainsightcom would I use high volume or low as the object type for the Field Tracking object?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I’d use low-volume @ACT -- just in case you have to tweak a record at some point, etc.

Badge

TY Scott:)

Badge

Hey @sdrostgainsightcom - I noticed that your description in the pdf is a little different than what is displayed in the “Field Tracking” fields pic. For instance, you mention that the “Date of Change” field should be DateTime but the pic shows Date and you mention that “Field Name” should be Text but the pic shows String. Should I just go by the pic?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Depends whether you want to track multiple updates in a given day . . . the screenshots are for a 1-off I did in my Dev org for a specific purpose, so the writeup may be closer to standard.  At least in this case I’d recommend a date/time.

Badge

Got ya, thanks Scott:)

Badge

@sdrostgainsightcom thank you for the PDF guidance on the Field Tracker!
I’ve messed up somewhere and now am stuck on the filter step to identify changes to the field. I’m not able to filter for Current CSM Health not equals New Customer Stage:

Could you advise? Thank you so much!

EDIT: I think it’s because Current CSM Health is a picklist. Not sure how to adjust that to string since it came from the original Company fetch and isn’t a field I created in the new “Field Tracker” object.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @taylorklekamp -- you will indeed have to create a new field in the Field Tracker for tracking the Picklist - there currently is not a way to convert a picklist value to a string within the rules engine, so tracking a bunch of different picklists on Company means you have to create a new Picklist field in the Tracker object for each of the fields you are tracking to match it.  

The good news is that you already have the Picklist choices themselves set up - just have to point the new field to the same Dropdown category as the Company field.

Hope that helps - jump on today’s Office Hours if you have any questions - just posted the new thread for it!

Scott