US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 08/02/22 - 1 pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET - Pre-session Thread

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for today’s Tuesday Admin Office Hours session on Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/95579728548?pwd=UGRNbnlmK2MrMFJDV3BNRzlTeERwQT09

Meeting ID: 955 7972 8548

Password: 457364

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/a3hcfBNC2

11 replies

Badge

Hello @sdrostgainsightcom ! I have built a Playbook and created a Rule to trigger a CTA. I would like to review how I set up the Rule against my use case to ensure I have done so correctly.

Thanks! Melissa

Would like to review a participant filter, testing of NPS journey, and inline NPS survey option. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hey Scott, I’m having trouble with a rule that loads Timeline activities back to the Event object in Salesforce. The problem seems to be that I’m trying to use Account ID as one of the identifiers. I’m wondering if you’ve come across an issue like this before and also if you have any alternate methods to try (we’re trying to avoid the out of box sync because our use case is too complex for it).

Badge

Hey Scott - - Just want to see if it’s possible to show 3 previous updated scores on a health score editable report.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Scott,

I’d like to understand how to using a CSV file for participants in a JO Program works if not all the contacts are Persons in Gainsight.  What data is needed on the CSV?  Can you associate some contacts to companies and some not?  What reporting can be done from the JO for those contacts who are not associated with a company? 

Thanks,

Rhonda

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello,

I am going to simplify this question just to keep it straightforward even though my use case is more complex.  If I have a filter on my Salesforce connector that only brings over “Active” clients from Salesforce to Gainsight. How does it trigger Gainsight to update that client when the client is made “Inactive” in Salesforce?

Thanks,

Travis

Badge

Hey Scott - Stuck in the meeting queue. Had to join late. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hey Scott, I’m having trouble with a rule that loads Timeline activities back to the Event object in Salesforce. The problem seems to be that I’m trying to use Account ID as one of the identifiers. I’m wondering if you’ve come across an issue like this before and also if you have any alternate methods to try (we’re trying to avoid the out of box sync because our use case is too complex for it).

Figured it out @sdrostgainsightcom! There is another lookup on the Event object called “Related to ID” that is also a lookup to the Account ID. Mapping the Account ID to this field worked like a charm. Also, you were right that End Date Time did need to be mapped, and it also needed to be further in the future than Start Date Time in order for SFDC to successfully process it, which makes sense I suppose. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

There there @tmorgan -- I didn’t refresh my tab and didn’t see your question - so sorry or I would have squeezed you in at the end of the queue.

The short answer is that if you are filtering the connector for Active clients, the Inactive clients will not update as such - you are correct.  You have a couple of options - either one is viable, just depends on what you may already be doing or not doing in your instance:

• If you are using RealTime Rules Engine to write the Gainsight Company ID back to a field in your Salesforce account when the Company is created (something that can make your life a lot easier as an admin, but not everyone has the room for yet another field on their Account object), you can create a 2nd Company Sync job - have it run once a day and look for  Gainsight ID is not NULL, Mod Date is greater or equal to yesterday, and status is Inactive.  Then you update the the Company based on those.
  • You can also do this with Rules Engine - and in some cases, this is easier because you can set a rule to “Update Only” -- so it’ll only update Company records that are already there, and not create a bunch of new Inactive Company records (this is the danger of the Connector job not being filtered carefully).  
    • The rule also allows you to do a 1-time run on ALL Inactive Accounts in SFDC (or at least in the last “x” years) and update against Company so that anything set to inactive, say, 2 months ago gets set to inactive in your Gainsight -- THEN you boundary the rule to only fetch Inactive Accounts with SFDC mod date greater or equal to yesterday and run it every day to update.

Hope that answer your question!

Scott

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Figured it out @sdrostgainsightcom! There is another lookup on the Event object called “Related to ID” that is also a lookup to the Account ID. Mapping the Account ID to this field worked like a charm. Also, you were right that End Date Time did need to be mapped, and it also needed to be further in the future than Start Date Time in order for SFDC to successfully process it, which makes sense I suppose. 

Hi @spencer_engel -- glad that’s working!!  Wondered if there was an issue with the “Who/What” ID . . . that said, I would run a quick comparison, or at least in your Prod org, a quick check with Rules fetch or Report on SFDC -- query for all Events where the Related ID is NOT NULL, but does NOT contain 001 -- that field, I think, can be related to a number of different objects, not just Account - so I still want to know what the answer is from Support.

However, for your purposes, you are putting in the RelatedTo ID and the Account is auto-populating in the AccountID field in SFDC, so you are good to go with this rule since you are Creating/Updating from TL, not trying to match up to already-existing TL entries.

Final thought - check that Start Date and End Date are Date/Time - would suck to update the same event from 3 different Timeline entries with the same Start and End Date, but Time is different . . .

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@sdrostgainsightcom You are correct that the Related to ID can contain lookups to other objects, not just account. I found some events tied to both opportunities and cases so far. 

As for the start date and end date fields, yes, those are thankfully Date/Time, so I think I’m good to go with using the Start Date as my second identifier.