US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 05/02/23 - 1 pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET - Pre-session Thread

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Tuesday Admin Office Hours session on Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/92587328600?pwd=WS9TVDJWOTZpOTFxVFlxeGZwblJKUT09

Meeting ID: 925 8732 8600

Password: 970938

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number: 

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/aetAGucgRy

10 replies

Scott,

I’m looking to send out a survey in an email template in a CTA or Gmail.  Question is: If we do this, can we track who responded to the survey? Is it based on the recipient? Or would it be anonymous?

Hi Scott -- we are transitioning NPS providers and will be loading NPS responses into a custom object built in Gainsight via an API. I’m hoping to walk through the set up of that custom object in our Sandbox environment to ensure we have the proper lookup fields established (Company ID, Company Person ID, etc.) to ensure we can link user responses with their respective Company and Company Person in Gainsight. Happy to clarify anything on the meeting itself -- thanks!

I need a better understanding of how a rule engine rule such as (Subtract N Days from Rule Date 1) really works, specifically does it take “time of day” into consideration.

We have a rule that searches for any QBR (Quarterly Business Review) CTA that closed the previous day. If found, generate a new QBR CTA due 90 days later, avoid duplicates if one already exists that is Open. See screen print for rule setup.

Now, I’ve also observed that ALL CTA Close Dates are closed with a time stamp of 7:30 am PST, regardless of the actual time of day in which the CTA was closed.

• I ran the rule in TEST RUN mode at 7:10 am PST, it picked up 1 record as I expected based on the data I had setup.
  • I ran the rule in TEST RUN mode at 7:40 am PST, it picked up *the same* 1 record as before.

Now to the real questions:

• Does Filter A above include all records that closed from 12:00 am - 7:29:59 am, of the previous day?
  • Does Filter B include all records that closed “today”, up until the “Rule Date”?

Hi Scott,

quick question on look ups. Thanks!

Question about syncing from Salesforce to Gainsight. We have jobs set up in Connector2. If I run the job with Real Time Sync, I get an error: “No such column 'FullName' on sobject of type PlatformEventChannel”. If I run without Real Time Sync, I get “Partial Success”. 

I went to the job activities and downloaded the failures, but the one I made updates was not showing on the report nor did the updates show in Gainsight. I’m not sure what I am doing wrong

I grabbed one Id on the report and looked it up in both GS & SF, the error description reads: “GSOBJ_1008 : Invalid/null Gainsight ID provided. [Field Name: Csm] at row number 52”, but it looks like the CSM field did update in this case. 

I need a better understanding of how this sync from SF to GS works. 

Badge +1

Hi Scott,

I need to create a report that shows only the latest Timeline entry for each customer and it displays the notes. I’ve created similar reports by using MAX of Created Date and displayed only the company name and date, and it worked as expected. However, I’m unable to do that once I add the Notes field since each note is unique. Is there a way to only show the latest entry for each customer and display the entry itself as well?

Thank you!

Badge +1

Hi Scott,

We are looking to update our Multi-Currency process now that is available. We currently have everything set up and it is being loaded via a rule, but something along the way is causing our currency types to not load correctly. Everything still seems to be blank or in USD. I had a couple of conversations with Support around this topic, and we were thinking it may have had to do with the ‘Honor Source Currency Code’ tickmark, but that didn’t seem to fix it. I was wondering if we could take a look at this and try to troubleshoot a fix.

Thank you!

I’ve created a JO program that notifies up 2 account team members when we create a net new account in Gainsight. When I click PREVIEW on the “Send Email” task, I get this error message:

Preview cannot be loaded. Either no participants are found or participants are not in NEW, ACTIVE or REVIEW states, please check Participant Configuration.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @sdrostgainsightcom !  Will there be Office Hours tomorrow?  I am attempting to set up some logic to have the task close dates match the due date fields in Objective CTAs (Gantt chart view looks off with the due date being past the closed date on each task and thus is less valuable) and I think we will need to do this with an API.  Would love some help getting started or hear any other recommendations you might have!

I’ve created a JO program that notifies up 2 account team members when we create a net new account in Gainsight. When I click PREVIEW on the “Send Email” task, I get this error message:

Preview cannot be loaded. Either no participants are found or participants are not in NEW, ACTIVE or REVIEW states, please check Participant Configuration.

Was an answer provided to this question? I’m experiencing the same issue and came across this thread in my research. Please advise!