US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 04/19/22 - 1 pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET - Pre-session Thread

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our today’s Tuesday Admin Office Hours session on Tuesday, April 19, 2022 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Tuesday, April 19, 2022 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/95579728548?pwd=UGRNbnlmK2MrMFJDV3BNRzlTeERwQT09

Meeting ID: 955 7972 8548

Password: 457364

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/a3hcfBNC2

10 replies

Good Morning!

I have three things;

1. How to send Survey Reports to people within Aspire? Maybe it is creating a report? Or maybe it is a tile we can add to our dashboard?
  2. Can we add outcomes to the objectives for Enterprise Networking?
  3. Have Success Plans trigger off the Book Date, not the date it was added to Gainsight. Currently off the date it was added. Need to find the rule or config and change it to be off the ASP Book Date.

Thank you,

August

Badge

Hi Scott, 

Have a question regarding updating a formula field on Company object. 

Badge +1

I’ve attempted to run a rule to bulk-assign the “User” Role to every person in our GS instance. So far, unsuccessful.

The ROLES our CS team will be using (mainly OTB) are not currently defined in SFDC, therefore I’m needing to generate & maintain the list within Gainsight.

Thanks!

Badge

Hi Scott,

In the timeline, we have Lifecycle Stages and lifecycle Activities which tie to SFDC fields that another group also uses.  Is there a way to only see (in GS) the options our team will be using?  Amanda

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Scott, I’m trying to map 29 separate fields in Salesforce to a multi-select list in Gainsight. I’m getting an error in rules engine though that I have a Duplicate Target field mapped. Each separate field maps to a different value in the list but is the issue that the name of the Multiselect list is the same?

Badge

Implementing Relationships and wondering do we need multiple or single relationship.

Here is the scenario:

We have 6 products and all we want is product level data to roll to overall (account) level scorecard. Product level data consists of Cases, Usage, and renewal.

The overall (account) level scorecard will have User experience and CSM Assessment.

We had a brief stint of creating relationship before my time and never utilized, however, this time around I want to understand and get guidance on what is the best approach.

Badge +3

Two main questions:

1. I am going to be creating a kickoff questionnaire and have some questions about survey functionality. Ideally, this survey would shared with a customer but would also have the ability to us open it and complete it on the customers behalf during a call. It seems the internal submission option would work for this, but I am wondering if internal submission works with semi anonymous surveys. I know it works with non-anonymous. 
  1. In a load to relationship rule, one record always fails one of the actions because the campaign name is over the gainsight field limit. I want to limit the this field to be 250 characters. If I made a formula field substring(campaign_name, 1, 250), would this create spaces until there are 250 characters for the fields that are not over the limit?

Thanks

Hello,

I have 1 report question.  I have a formula that is identified types of failure points.  Each time the report runs the first step is to remove previous records, then re-run the formula.  For some reason, a report that I am using that is based on one of the failure points in the formula is pulling in additional data.  I’d like to review this on the call.

Badge

Hi Scott - 

Is there a recommended process for integrating 3rd party NPS data into the Gainsight NPS score? I know I can upload NPS data via CSV, but as that is a one-time upload and our 3rd party NPS data will continue to be submitted by customers on an ongoing basis, I wanted to inquire about other potential solutions.

We’ve created a custom object & rule to calculate and map what we’re calling our “Global” NPS score (Gainsight and Delighted scores combined), but wanted to get your thoughts on if there is potentially a simpler way to do this.

Thank you!
Chae

Userlevel 2
Badge

@scott As suspected, the rules engine only keeps the last value in the action and overwrites the multi-select picklist. It does not add to. Chae found this post on the community that looks promising.