US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 03/08/22 - 1 pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET - Pre-session Thread

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Tuesday Admin Office Hours session on Tuesday, March 8, 2022 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Tuesday, March 8, 2022 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/95579728548?pwd=UGRNbnlmK2MrMFJDV3BNRzlTeERwQT09

Meeting ID: 955 7972 8548

Password: 457364

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/a3hcfBNC2

16 replies

Badge

Hi Scott!

I was wondering if you could provide a high level overview on how to create a CTA for beginners, and general best practices? Thank you!!

Badge +2

Hi Scott, 

I’m unable to determine what is causing a S3 Import triggered rule to fail with this message: 

2022-03-07T22-16-44_UTC - Task name: S3 Import, Start time: 2022-03-07T22-16-44_UTC, End time: 2022-03-07T22-16-44_UTC, Message: java.io.IOException: (line 79) invalid char between encapsulated token and delimiter, Records: -1
Badge +2

I ended up deleting line 79 after seeing what appeared to be the encapsulated token and couldn’t determine exactly what part of the cell was causing the delimiter to become invalid. 

Badge

Hi Scott,

Problem we are trying to solve: Report on the Number of accounts that our CSM met in the last 90 days vs their book of business by product type (Sounds easy😊 )

Special consideration and workflows -

1. After entering timeline CSM tags the contact with the product type using a custom multiselect dropdown list in person tab under c360
  2. We do not have an asset list in our salesforce, for every product we have an active checkbox

What I have done so far:

• I’m using activity attendee object to get the list of contacts that the CSM met in last 90 days
  • I’m using Person field to get the product list (custom multiselect field, which is flattened by a rule and store it in another custom object -thanks to Shiv from GS for the suggestion)
  • Merging the above based on contact id
  • Another data set to get the book of business for CSM
  • And the final merge.
  • The report isn’t showing data that will be easily readable and it is confusing. My goal is to have CSM ID as global filter and the CSM Manager can use the active checkbox filter to drill down on the product they want to explore (I’m open to suggestions)

Hi Scott, 

Looking for a way to create a reoccuring NPS survey for multi-year deals based on Original Contract Date.  I’ve found articles on Lifecycle in Weeks but this functionality seems to have been depricated.  Any ideas on what others are doing to acheive this?  

Todd

Badge

Is there a way to keep GS formatting when activities are synced from GS to SFDC?  RIght now, the way it comes through is all crammed together so anyone looking at SFDC has a hard time reading it.

Badge

Hello Scott, I need help troubleshooting why I have duplicated company persons in Gainsight 

Hello,

I am wondering if theres a way to create a report on the usage of a CSM. for example, do they log in to use the cockpit, run reports, etc?

Badge

Scott,  One additional question is whether there is a way to choose additional activity information when logging an email using Gainsight Assist.  Right now it comes over as Type: email but the stage and activity are blank. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Whoops - apologies, @Pankaj - I meant to ask if the Data Designer was getting closer to what you wanted and didn’t get a chance to - any luck so far?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @amandatelford -- I was thinking of a different formatting issue than the Timeline-to-Salesforce Activity sync issue you are having.

SO - I’d recommend opening a support ticket and includes screeenshots of a formatted Timeline Activity notes page and what it looks like in Salesforce.

I am pretty sure that we strip most of the formatting out because you can copy-paste into timeline from so many sources that you often end up seeing formatting tags that aren’t valid in SFDC when trying to just bring across - but it sounds like what you’re seeing might be more problematic.

Sorry I don’t have a better answer than “support ticket” in this case!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Quick follow-up @amandatelford  to note that this doesn’t bode well for a quick fix in process - per the below post here in community, it’s been around for a while - and as I said, we’re likely looking for a “middle ground” where we strip most of the formatting tags since it could have been pasted in from anywhere . . . but we should at least be adding 2 returns between paragraphs/hard returns, etc.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

OK - per this post, we’ve already implemented that “middle ground” approach I was talking about, so yes, support ticket definitely the way to go @amandatelford :

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @johnnyriv -- are you able to view the Gainsight 360 per the below documentation?  Not sure if you were looking to have access to ANY data re: CSM usage, or if you are using the Gainsight 360 already but want to create custom reports.

If you are already using the G360, but want to create custom reports, there isn’t a way to do that -- when you are looking at a G360, you are looking at a shared page in OUR Gainsight instance - there isn’t data that is being pushed into a table in your instance anywhere.

Let me know a little more about the use case and if you are already on the G360 -- we can go from there, but definitely can’t create custom reports under the current functionality.

Best,

Scott

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Administration_and_Permissions/Gainsight_Product_Adoption/View_Gainsight_360

Hello @johnnyriv -- are you able to view the Gainsight 360 per the below documentation?  Not sure if you were looking to have access to ANY data re: CSM usage, or if you are using the Gainsight 360 already but want to create custom reports.

If you are already using the G360, but want to create custom reports, there isn’t a way to do that -- when you are looking at a G360, you are looking at a shared page in OUR Gainsight instance - there isn’t data that is being pushed into a table in your instance anywhere.

Let me know a little more about the use case and if you are already on the G360 -- we can go from there, but definitely can’t create custom reports under the current functionality.

Best,

Scott

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Administration_and_Permissions/Gainsight_Product_Adoption/View_Gainsight_360

Hi Scott,

Yes thank you, I assumed that I wasn’t able to create that type of report at the moment. Just wanted to confirm 🙂 Thank you, i’ll be seeing you often moving forward, taking over a GS instance and want to learn as much as possible 

Badge

Whoops - apologies, @Pankaj - I meant to ask if the Data Designer was getting closer to what you wanted and didn’t get a chance to - any luck so far?

Scott,

Thank you so much for your guidance this afternoon. Yes, the data designer is very close to what I should have to achieve the outcome. Now I’m just trying to work on the reporting side of it.

We will be using CSM and the Product subscription as filters to drill down, so my idea is to have minimal things a CSM manager has to input via static text, check boxes are what I’m aiming for.

Here is where I’m getting stuck in reporting - CSM enters a timeline and tags the external attendee. Once the CSM updated the product in the C360 section, now they tagged the same person for multiple products (A,B and C)

I created a report with a specific CSM and product A filter, however, My reports shows that I had 21 customers where we do not have a tagged contact but 1 account where I have tagged product A, B and C (because of the flattened product list). I was hoping to see only product A because I put a filter of show me product A accounts only.

This account does subscribe to product A,B and C.

I was able to get the result I’m looking for by using two additional filters which are static text on the product list, but if a CSM manager need to review it with their team members they have to enter specific text to get results, which is what I’m trying to avoid.

Sorry, not sure if this makes sense at all.