US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 01/24/23 - 1 pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET - Pre-session Thread

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

Apologies for the late post, but yes, there will be an Office Hours session today!

This thread is for today’s Tuesday Admin Office Hours session, Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/97563672477?pwd=SllMcVdiRVFLY1BFWFRoMGJ5MjFmdz09

Meeting ID: 975 6367 2477

Password: 374909

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/aetAGucgRy

10 replies

Badge

Hey Scott - Need help editing one of my rules to reset ACV Risk values to 0 when there are no cases open/no deal risk. Also, want to know if comments section for close CTA Rule will append, not override comments in CTAs.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Scott,

I have field coming in from a SF object where the field is a formula field copying data from another object.  As are result it is a text field.  In the original object the field it is a picklist field, so I know the data is standardized.  I would like to bring the text field into into GS as a dropdown.  Is there any way to do that? 

Thanks,

Rhonda

Hi Scott,

I have 2 questions - one regarding a step in the rules engine that is filtering out certain data, that I want to filter out only for triggering but not for reporting (sending along in the email template).
2. For surveys, can we upload a csv file to send out a survey, yet somehow schedule the survey at a different time and schedule reminders ahead of time if the customer does not respond.

Hi Scott,

Jared configured for us a report that pulls in both survey data and salesforce data and merges them together, we have since added new questions and need new fields.  Can you assist on the steps to add in new survey questions and sfdc fields.

Thanks,

Mel

Badge

Hi Scott! I’d like to look at a Load to Company Rule with a custom field on the Company object.

Thanks!

Melissa

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Scott - I’d like to pick your brain regarding our sandbox SFDC tenant being seemingly connected to two Gainsights (a legacy SFDC one and our new NXT one). I’m curious what kind of tribal knowledge you might have about what’s expected in this scenario.

I probably won’t be on until 3:30 p.m. CT FYI

Hey Scott,

have a question about an error Im getting on the end user side on gainsight home, thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Scott, I have a rule pushing contacts to SFDC. It’s failing and I can’t determine why. Could be field for phone in SFDC is a Phone field?

Still curious about above, but now I don’t think so. I have a filter in place for one contact record and it fails, if I remove the filter and test run it passes (including the record that fails when filtered on)?

Badge

BTW @sdrostgainsightcom, I tested my rule in Sandbox and the Comment field in the Close CTA Action does indeed append the comment data in the CTA, it does not override.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hopefully you can jump on tomorrow’s session @jochle , but a few things to think about in the meantime so you can to try to fix in advance:

• The reason it is failing is definitely something on the SFDC side -- the Test run shows as successful because in a Test, the rule runs all the data setup and then when it gets to the Actions, simply checks that the final dataset(s) being handed to them fit the requirements on the Gainsight side.   In the case of “Write to SFDC”, the rule can’t test every record for fulfilling SFDC-side requirements in that table in SFDC -- the only way to do that is to try to create the record in SFDC and then see why it failed.
  • Usually this happens because there is an old validation rule in SFDC for, say, Contacts that requires when Field ‘x’ is being filled in, you have to fill in Field ‘y’ as well, or something similar.  Other times, it has to do with the permissions that the SFDC OAuth User that the Rules Engine is using in the connection when writing to Salesforce.
  • Are you able to download the error log?  And/or look at the log in the Rule?  See my screenshots below - if nothing else, you should see the error reason in the Excel sheet that you can download for failed records.

Hope that helps - if not, I will have the new thread posted in a few minutes for tomorrow’s office hours!