US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 01/11/22 - 1 pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 11 January 2022
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for today’s Tuesday Admin Office Hours session, Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/95579728548?pwd=UGRNbnlmK2MrMFJDV3BNRzlTeERwQT09

Meeting ID: 955 7972 8548

Password: 457364

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/a3hcfBNC2

16 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey Scott, I would love some help building out a rule using the Package License object in order to identify whether the Gainsight CSM package is installed in Salesforce for our set of users. The goal is to quickly check to see how many full and viewer seats we have in Gainsight, as currently our User Management page is inaccurate. If there are more efficient ways to check this rather than through a rule, please do let me know. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Scott, 

I’m working on a rule to recommend a coach change (CSM) and when I display the fields in the preview (setup rule) of all the fields that will influence the coach recommendation, I see the proper values. These are all picklist values (segment, Subtype, territory, etc). This is great.

The problem is that when I run the rule (in test) and extract the data at the different stages, instead of picklist values, I see IDs. For example: 1I0054U9FAKXZ0H26HZBJ3428YAUS0YF5B3W instead of HE - High Tech & Electronics in the Cohort column.

How can I get the real picklist values showing in the  results when I run the rule? Debugging this rule will be very difficult if I do not see these values…

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Scott - I have a question again about user management. I asked support to wipe the SFDC User ID of our “inactive” users for the ~15 or so for the duplicate users that we had in user management. Unfortunately, this seems to have caused the same issue as before when I had marked their user records as inactive in user management - they can’t see anything related to MDA (no Timeline activities, no dashboards, no related lists built off MDA objects, etc.). 

If you have the time to look up my ticket on this, it’s #169326. Otherwise I can explain everything on the call.

Hi Scott,

I have a question about the BCC token and Gainsight Assist and if it can work with the scheduled email send feature in gmail.

Badge

Hi, I am trying to find the best way to identify duplicate emails within the Company Person & Person object when some do not have a name listed.

Badge

Hi Scott - 

Excited to join my first Gainsight Office Hours session! I’m working on an NPS Program that will trigger CTAs & corresponding Playbooks for the CSMs to work through depending on the score submitted by the Company Person. Ideal cadence is 45 days post-implementation and then every 6 months after that, which will work great for net-new customers as they roll on.

However, this cadence will pull almost all existing customer contacts in at once, which will likely overwhelm our CSMs. I’m wondering how I can activate this Program without immediately bombarding our CSMs with CTAs. In a perfect world, I’d hope for 1) a way to maintain automation so we can ‘set it and forget it’, 2) a filter or criteria that allows participants to trickle in over time, and 3) a way to maintain the 45 days post-implementation & every 6 month cadence.

Thank you & I look forward to the discussion!

Chae

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

sorry… wrong time!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @lyne_therien -- Tuesday office hours start at 3pm Central/1pm Pacific -- Thursday office hours are the ones that start at 1pm Central.  

I will be on the session in just under 2 hours!

Scott

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @spencer_engel  - did you change the Username after the SFDC ID had been wiped?  I believe that will finish addressing the issue . . . on the MDA side, I believe authentication runs via the username in your tenant, rather than the SFDC ID, so if you have an inactive user and an active user with the same username, it can cause an issue.

That’s the off-the-top-of-head guess - but we can talk more on the session in a bit!

Hi Scott, 

Newish Admin old instance.  The existing dashboards aren’t dynamic, they don’t display data specific to the CSM when a CSM accesses them.  I don’t get the filter by user option so I’m wondering if we need to map SF CSM feild to an out of the box GS CSM field?

Thanks, 

Todd

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@sdrostgainsightcom Thanks so much for you help today! Just a reminder to send along that username document when you get the chance. Either here or to my email (spencer.engel@ukg.com) would be great. Thanks again!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Here you go @spencer_engel -- I’m going to post to tutorials after a little more editing, but it’ll get you through the steps when dealing with something like this.

Might be of interest to you as well @kstim as you dig into the root causes behind your licensed user count being so far off . . . 

PUNCHLIST:  Dealing with "Duplicated Users" created by SFDC Connector User Sync

• ISSUE: When a username is changed in Salesforce for a user that is synced into Gainsight, the User Sync job, which uses the Salesforce Username as the upsert key to maintain the connected Gainsight User, creates a new user record: 
    • The new Gainsight user has the SAME Salesforce User ID, but has the NEW username from Salesforce – this user will not reflect the applied Gainsight license, etc. since that info remains unchanged on the original user record with the now out-of-date username.
    • This original Gainsight User will not be updated by the sync job going forward because the username no longer matches the username in Salesforce, so changes in Salesforce to Last Name, or Title, etc. get carried to the newly-created user record that was created.
    • The original Gainsight User, however, is the record that should be retained and re-linked to the source SFDC user, as that record has been assigned Gainsight license and permission bundles in Gainsight and is associated with owning CTAs, etc.
  • PROCESS TO FIX ISSUE – STEP 1: IN USER MANAGEMENT, ON THE NEWLY-CREATED USER WITH THE NEW USERNAME AND SAME SFDC ID:
    • Update the First and Last name to Duped SFDC User (or similar)
    • Update the username with "dupe." in front so you have "username@userdomain.com0?ui=2&ik=80b8b48872&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1721699415607992433&th=17e4b47f1d4fe071&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ_kA1GzQlMiM0ASDYiLtTdk1M8Vd8sBMs0hXoVyH4FBMiQ1Ysm_93o5lDQNUPJUhVkW64hiQB7QmViVfisxchDvaTT53au0HtefTNoXr2UqmWD8sdzGXyFFnU0&disp=emb"
    • Set the user to Inactive
  • STEP 2: ON THE ORIGINAL USER RECORD THAT STILL HAS THE OLD USERNAME
    • Update the username to the NEW username that's in Salesforce.
  • STEP 3: GO TO "GAINSIGHT SHARING" IN THE ADMIN SUITE, AND THEN TO "USER ATTRIBUTES" SUBTAB. CLICK "REFRESH USER DATA" AND ALLOW THE REFRESH TO FINISH BEFORE MOVING TO THE NEXT STEP.
  • STEP 4: WHEN USERS ARE UPDATED AND THE USER CACHE IS REFRESHED:
    • Go to the Salesforce Connector and run the User Sync job manually for "all data" (or if this is for a single user that was changed recently in SFDC, set the date parameters to capture it).
    • Confirm that the ORIGINAL, VALID User record in Gainsight for which you have updatee the username has been updated by the Connector, and the new user that you had changed to "dupe.user" was NOT udpated (Modified Date in User Management will show what was written to by the User Sync).
  • STEP 5: ONCE THE SYNC IS UPDATING THE CORRECT USER RECORD, OPEN A SUPPORT TICKET FOR FINAL STEP:
    • Create report of users STARTSWITH "dupe." Show the GSID, Username and SFDC ID fields.
    • Dump to a CSV and open a ticket with support requesting that the SFDC ID on the att'd usernames be set to NULL. This will take care of any dependencies on connector jobs in the future, etc.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@sdrostgainsightcom Thanks for the tip on activating the picklist labels. It’s done now and I can actually see the labels through the execution history. No S3 needed!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

That’s excellent, @lyne_therien ! Just got that activated in my test org overnight but hadn’t had a chance to then confirm, so glad that the labels are in the execution history output!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @Todd.Dowell -- was about to ask some questions about the current setup to try to point you in the right direction, or get you onto today’s session of office hours, but I see that you are getting some help from Shivani so I will assume that you’ll get things straightened out pretty quickly!

Feel free to jump on today’s session anyway, of course.  I just posted the thread here.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @Chae Stewart -- just wanted to let you know I’ve posted the thread for today’s Office Hours is you can repost your question and join -- we can talk it through a little bit.

New thread is here.

In the meantime, the short answer on your question about setting up the JO Program so it doesn’t blow up with all your existing customers on Day 1 before setting into a daily cadence picking up those that qualify:  Yes, there’s a way to do this.

My recommendation would be to split into 2 Programs - one for the 1st-time Post Implementation group, then one for the ongoing twice-yearly cadence.  That makes the 1st-time run easy to launch at get rolling, certainly.

For the “every 6 months” Program, you’ll want to set up something like this:

• Make sure you have an Implementation Date field on the Company object filled in for all your customers - you might have to do a 1-time rule to backfill this from some source - and the key here isn’t that it’s exactly the right day, but that it is close, and distributes the “anniversary date” across the customer base.
  • In your JO Program query, you can fetch all Company Persons on Companies where the Implementation date is more than 180 days old.
  • Then you can use a Date formula to get the number of days between the implementation date and today’s date (the run date each day).
  • Then can divide the number by 180, and if the result is a whole number, then it’s on a “6 month anniversary” and you can send the NPS.
  • Because you would have to send this out every day for it to work, and I’m guessing you don’t want to NPS people on the weekend, we’ll have to talk through some options for making it work - but hopefully this gets you pointed in the right direction to start setting it up!