US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 8/22/19, 1 p.m. PST - Pre-session Thread

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hello everyone! This thread is for our Thursday Admin Office Hours session, which will be held this coming August 22, 2019 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET. Please note this is two hours later than usual due to a company-wide meeting we have during our usual time of 11am PT.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you Thursday!

Conference Details (GoTo Meeting):

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/493151677

You can also dial in using your phone.

United States: +1 (872) 240-3412

Access Code: 493-151-677

15 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Is there a way to wrap text or sort in a report

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Yes on both. Wrapping text is done at either the C360 or dashboard level by the end user.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Is it posisble to do in report builder so the user does not have to?

Badge +2
Missing fields from our queries in Journey Orchestrator?

We checked with our SFDC Admin and an email field for 'Account Owner" should exist on the object for Opportunity (under Account), but it does not show when pulled in as a field. This field is set up the same way as 'CS Business Partner', which shows Name, Email, and ID, (under Account).

Userlevel 5
Badge +9
Good afternoon,

I look forward to the call today. We have run into some questions regarding maintaining rules.

Is there a way to see the final output of a rule from the Rules / Admin page? We can see the output from each individual action, but do not see the final results within the Gainsight page.

We have some examples of a rule failing 1 time, then never running again. In Analyzer it looks like it is "Aborted". What can cause this and how can we prevent it?

Can we get a demo of the key features of Analyzer and how to use it to identify improvements?

Thanks so much for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @angela_domenichelli it might be best to coordinate with @courtney_hauser to get a comprehensive demo of Gainsight Analyzer, but I'm happy to do a quick demo and walkthrough during office hours.

Hi Spencer,

When I update a field on Company which is editable in C360, I can run a report and see that I have changed that field. However, when I run a report on an object which uses lookup to show fields from Company, the value is not updated.

How much of a time delay should I expect in that update... or should there not be a delay at all? If the latter, is this an issue you've heard of before and could you point me to any documentation?

Thanks,

Stephanie

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Stephanie - Are you on Gainsight NXT? Either way, there should be a minimal delay (i.e. < 5-10 secs), so if you're seeing anything more than that, please submit a ticket to support@gainsight.com

Will do Spencer. I am seeing this very frequently in Reports that I am trying to build, and also in Dataset tasks that I am trying to build in Rules Engine.

A rule I've created keeps failiing but I can't troubleshoot the issue (View Logs). Can I please get help with this?

Badge
Hey Spencer,

I'm having a lot of trouble of adding a global filter to a dashboard of field type picklist / multipicklist across multiple objects. I have a multipicklist field on Account that I am using to map to a multiselectdropdown field on Company using Gainsight Connect. When setting up the global filter, I select the source field from the Account object as the reference but when I go to map the field within the Company object, i get an error (see attached).

Hi Spencer,

My team is starting to think about implementing success plans, and we are wondering if you could either point us to or talk through some of the most popular success plan templates that companies adopt.

Also, is there a way for me to decide which specific colors to use in charts for certain values? For instance, when I make a pie chart segmented by a particular field in the Company object, can I decide, for each value of that field, what color the section of the pie should be?

Thanks,

Stephanie

Hey Spencer,

I have a question about AO unsubscribers. I see in the Email Opt-Out Policy article the following:

If I include criteria in my Power List to respect the opt-out field, will unsubscribed contacts still appear in my Power List?

Yes, the unsubscribe check occurs during execution of the Outreach, so they will still appear in the Power List.

My questions is whether I need to include this unsubscribe check box into my AO Progams to ensure that its accounted for or does Gainsight automatically look for this without me asking? And in both the current program where they unsubscribed and in future unrelated programs?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi everyone, I'm out with a sick kid, so just wanted to give you a head's up my esteemed colleague @tom_gerth will be leading today's session.

Badge
Hey Spencer,

We're exploring using JO to send out onboarding emails/surveys as soon as an opportunity closes. We are currently using SF which allows us to send the email right away. It seems like using a powerlist in JO would only allow us to refresh a powerlist daily. Any ideas on how we could build out something like this?