US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 8/15/19 - Pre-session Thread

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hello everyone! This thread is for our Thursday Admin Office Hours session, which will be held this coming August 15, 2019 at 11am PT / noon MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you Thursday!

Conference Details (GoTo Meeting):

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/493151677

You can also dial in using your phone.

United States: +1 (872) 240-3412

Access Code: 493-151-677

11 replies

Hey Spencer,

We are looking to expand our use of journey Orchestration and would like a proof-check of the concept before issuing to our customer base. Is this something that can be covered in Office Hours?

I also have a scorecard rule we are having trouble with - only certain scores going red but again, would like it checked over.

Thanks,

Chris

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Chris - we can certainly help with that. My colleague @sdrostgainsightcom will be running the session on Thursday, so he'll get you squared away.

Hi Spencer -

I am looking to map certain filters to a dashboard based on the Survey dataspace and could use some guidance. Would your team be able to help with this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Yes, sure thing!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
I'd like to swe how we can see emails sent out via our journey orchestrator programs

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
I'd like to see if we can close CTAs based on a closed case

Could use some help from Scott reviewing failed program contacts based on Null value.

Userlevel 3
Badge
Using a String Formula (LEFT and RIGHT) in Rules Engine to parse a field containing 1 or more Email Addresses separated by a comma. e.g. "Jeremy Johnston, Sara Johnston". I can create the formula OK and apply it within the rule, but I'm hung up on writing the output to a custom MDA object. Could use some guidance on whether my approach within the Rule itself needs adjustment.

Hello Spencer,

We are having some trouble with CTAs not generating from a rule that runs weekly and attempts to add a CTA to all active accounts. Gainsight support has been helping us to investigate, and they mentioned that the rule will only create new CTAs "when there is no CTA created in the last 7 days AND no CTAs of the same type/reason are open."

If there is time left in the office hours, I was hoping we could discuss best practices for handling rules that are intended to generate a particular CTA on accounts on a weekly basis, regardless of whether or not prior CTAs are closed (along with the rationale behind not adding a CTA of the same type/reason as another open CTA to an account).

Also, I've noticed that all of our tasks are recorded as being closed at 4:30 AM on the day following their actual closure (detrimental to our workflows). Has anyone else experienced this, or could this be a bug in our environment?

Thanks,

Stephanie

Badge
Hi there!

In addition to the Gainsight Connect question, I have a question about counting SNOW cases. My org has migrated to a new SNOW system and so the existing data format I have in Gainsight no longer matches the new SNOW data format. Is there a way for me to still use the existing rule I have that is counting SNOW cases but utilizing a different data source. I already uploaded the new data format into Gainsight for me to try to see if I can tweak the rule but I'm not sure if I need to load the SNOW cases count data into a new Gainsight object or do I still use my existing Gainsight object? It might be easier to do a screenshare on the next call?

Userlevel 3
Badge
Hello Scott, I put together a couple reports using 'Activity Attendee' object and it looks promising. One area that I can use a look at is in cases where there are multiple Attendees in 'External Attendees' or 'Internal Attendees', the report returns the correct number of individual rows, but not the Name and Email for each row. Screenshot below for reference. In cases where there are 3 External Attendees listed, the report shows 3 rows when I try to return their individual emails, but only 2 emails is returned, with the other row value missing. In the case immediately following that example in red, there are 2 External Attendees but neither name or email was returned.

Also, I wasn't entirely clear on when to use the 'GS Id' versions of the fields versus the 'SFDC Id' versions, e.g. 'External Attendee GS Id' or 'External Attendee SFDC Id'.

Any thoughts on how to proceed?

Thanks!

JJ